Does saving lots of browser downloads affect pc performance?

Started by hinadilp, September 25, 2026, 05:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hinadilp

I often download and organize large numbers of presentations and pdfs through my browser, and sometimes I notice the system becomes slower when several downloads and browser tabs are open. Is there anything in Process Lasso that can help manage this kind of workload without unnecessarily limiting the browser? For reference, one of the sites I use for downloading presentations is this site. I'm mainly interested in whether there are any Process Lasso settings I should check for browser-heavy workloads.

karenmartz

Quote from: hinadilp on September 25, 2026, 05:57:40 AMI often download and organize large numbers of presentations and pdfs through my browser, and sometimes I notice the system becomes slower when several downloads and browser tabs are open. Is there anything in Process Lasso that can help manage this kind of workload without unnecessarily limiting the browser? For reference, one of the sites I use for downloading presentations is this site fnaf. I'm mainly interested in whether there are any Process Lasso settings I should check for browser-heavy workloads.
Yes, but the downloads themselves usually aren't the main issue. The slowdown is more likely from RAM usage, many browser tabs, disk I/O, antivirus scanning, or active downloads.

For Process Lasso, I'd leave ProBalance at its default settings and avoid unnecessarily restricting the browser. If you notice slowdowns, check Task Manager while downloading to see whether CPU, memory, or disk usage is the bottleneck. Process Lasso can help maintain responsiveness under CPU load, but it won't fix a disk or memory limitation.