Problem with time zone and some small issues..

Started by cloudstr, July 17, 2014, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudstr

Hello,

I have some problem when enable 'Show threads and modules tabs' and disable 'Show process icons' feature. Both actions will make Process Lasso window disappear immediately, but it not crash nor exit but still leave the process running independently (ProcessLasso.exe and ProcessGovernor.exe).  I had to end process manually to run again!

The other issues is that after enabled 'Show threads and modules tabs', the 'Creation time' display in 'Threads' tab doesn't sync with my timezone. Specifically, if my timezone is GMT+9 then it will display the time as GMT+0
Strangely the 'Creation time' display in 'All processes' tab is right :P

I hope it will be fixed in the next version.

Regards

BenYeeHua

Thank for the bug report. :)
The timezone issues did showing out on my end too.

But, this don't happen to me.
QuoteI have some problem when enable 'Show threads and modules tabs' and disable 'Show process icons' feature. Both actions will make Process Lasso window disappear immediately, but it not crash nor exit but still leave the process running independently (ProcessLasso.exe and ProcessGovernor.exe).  I had to end process manually to run again!
This don't happen to me, can you backup the config by clicking File-Export configuration, then reset the PL config to see did it is fixed or not?
It can be other software causing this issues too.

And also, did PL Tray Icon is gone too?
Because after I enable/disable it, PL windows will gone, but it is because PL will be restart without showing the Window. :)
---
And ya, also bug report.
1.Click on Threads tab
2.Click on Action log

Then you will also get a reset for Action log too.

The second bug is, by enable and disable "Show threads and modules tabs", the Command line on Action log will having a chance to gone, until you reset the action log by using the first bug. ;D

cloudstr

Hello, i confirm that the problem happens with me and PC that running XP SP2. I did reset the PL config but it not fixed, and the PL Tray Icon is gone forever but PL will not be restart, two process still running when i look in Task manager (ProcessLasso.exe and ProcessGovernor.exe)

I did a test again in virtual machine after 'fresh' XP SP2 install, no software running except Process Lasso. Still happens... :(

I still don't understand what you mean about the bug report, sorry.

Regards

BenYeeHua

Hmm.
You should try update to Windows XP SP3, as it might be PL not supported XP SP2, just like most software.

For the bug report, I means that I also found some bug with "Show threads and modules tabs" too. ;D

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the report!

I am investigating this.

The time being wrong is due to it displaying the System Time (GMT) rather than Local Time.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.