Bitsum 2014-2015 Plan

Started by Jeremy Collake, July 31, 2014, 01:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

You are going to see a marked increase in development activity at Bitsum during the next year.

Incremental maintenance and retention of the status quo will be replaced by massive new product development efforts, along with marketing, site, and business development.

It's time to think big again, and we already are!

I will save the thunder for later, but over the course of the next few months, you will see awesome new products and features coming out of Bitsum.

If *you* have an idea or need, please feel free to post it here, and we'll see what we can do. Now is the time to make your voice heard.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

I think maybe try target the China Market, improve their user experience on software and website/forum. :)

About the Forum, it should be something like "Notify me of replies." or more accurate "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." should be enable as default for newbie, because I found many Chinese user don't return after I reply to their topic.
They may also don't read the email, but the email should not be hurting the server CPU/bandwidth, right? ;)

newuser

What about old products then?

Are there any updates for it?

I have been waiting patiently for an update. :-\

As for new products, the trend currently towards mobile software/games.

As for me, I need a low cost software license/protection online/offline, it must be very user friendly.

PS: Almost forgot, what about software/license/protection/online/offline/autoupdating product?
An all-in-one package. :)

Jeremy Collake

PECompact does have a planned update as I add Taggant support (a multi-vendor effort to reduce false positives and packer abuse). However, I don't think it'd go as far as you would hope. A software licensing/protecting/updating product would likely be too large a leap. Licensing and updating are hard to do well generically.

I don't have any plans to enter the Mobile market or chase any other general trends.

Lasso and other PC applications will continue to get most of our time.

Jeremy Collake

@BenYeeHua: I agree with both your suggestions.

The Asian markets are certainly something I've given attention to in the past, and something I plan to cater to going forward.

I will see if I can change the forum default to notify of new replies, with text embedded. It would increase engagement and return traffic.

newuser

Quote from: support on August 01, 2014, 08:31:09 AM
PECompact does have a planned update as I add Taggant support (a multi-vendor effort to reduce false positives and packer abuse). However, I don't think it'd go as far as you would hope. A software licensing/protecting/updating product would likely be too large a leap. Licensing and updating are hard to do well generically.

I don't have any plans to enter the Mobile market or chase any other general trends.

Lasso and other PC applications will continue to get most of our time.

Well the licensing/protecting/updating and mobile stuff are just suggestions since your entering new markets.

Just to let you know something, as far as I know, software license methods are alot. The ones currently being use/popular are something like a login id account type/subscription. As how big the scale/cost I won't know.

For small scale(very small) stuff, is it possible to create a product like this below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHA-aC_H8DU
http://www.novirusthanks.org/products/process-protector/

Oh boy, Taggant support finally here.
Anyway, a new pecompact release is good news. Thank you.
Can give a rought estimate when the new pecompact coming in? :)
I have been waiting for so long now.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: support on August 01, 2014, 09:36:07 AM
@BenYeeHua: I agree with both your suggestions.

The Asian markets are certainly something I've given attention to in the past, and something I plan to cater to going forward.
Ya, but it is somehow very hard, they don't like very expensive price for software, and something like why use the free version, when you has cracked full version that you never use the full functions.

QuoteI will see if I can change the forum default to notify of new replies, with text embedded. It would increase engagement and return traffic.
Here it is.
QuoteIn SMF 2.x, you can do this by clicking Admin and going to Configuration >> Themes and Layout >> Member Options >> then scroll down to find your current theme and click “Change current options for all members using this theme”

Then next to “Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic” click the dropdown on the left and select “Change,” then click the box to the right to select it, then click “Save” at the bottom.
http://blog.onlineinstitute.com/forum-hosting/auto-notify-members-in-smf-when-theres-new-replies-to-topics/

I guess the issues is can it send difference language of email notification based on their Language of not.
---
I will also suggest that change this setting as well, so they can disable "Notify me of replies." as they want.
QuoteEnable collapsible additional Post options - This option controls showing extra options when posting such as notify me of replies, and attach. You may either always show those options on or hide them and use an arrow to display them.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=489070.0
---
Maybe you can just try the old ways, which using another forum system like Discuz! for China, and having another styles and functions that China love.
BTW, it is just hard, as this is still nearly a Bitsum's software forum, not Forum that talks anything....
-----------
For the mobile market, it will gonna be hard. as there is nearly nothing it can do like Process Lasso.
And for creating more software, maintain will be also a issues, except it is the same product that also can be used for PC.

newuser

So is it possible to create a product like this below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHA-aC_H8DU
http://www.novirusthanks.org/products/process-protector/

Thank you

Jeremy Collake

Yes, certainly it is possible.

However, there aren't currently any plans to create any sort of 'process protector', or add such a feature to Lasso.

There are several things in the work of higher priority, and it seems that the product you referenced does a good job of such.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: support on August 12, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

However, there aren't currently any plans to create any sort of 'process protector', or add such a feature to Lasso.

There are several things in the work of higher priority, and it seems that the product you referenced does a good job of such.
Except it don't update, and support Windows 8 at all, but it should still works on it. :)

But ya, good to hear that you are having a Priority list now. ;)

Jeremy Collake

LOL, yes, a priority and task list.

I have found without such, it is easy to spend infinite amounts of time on incremental maintenance and support.

Such is life. Just hold on folks, I've made excellent progress in many areas during the 2 weeks since this thread was created.

I don't want to announce release dates or specific details, but suffice to say that I don't have the liberty to be screwing around, so it won't be long until you see really cool new stuff coming out of Bitsum.

newuser

Quote from: support on August 12, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

If you notice, the product is no longer available/support. Thats why I ask.

If you can do it, so why not, I'll wait for it. ;)

Jeremy Collake

Oh, that's interesting! I did not know it was no longer maintained.

I will keep this on my radar. It is something that would take a good bit of effort, so not a quick chore. I'd have to really commit to it and make it a high priority.

So, maybe, eventually. I could foresee it being part of Bitsum's overall offerings, one day.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: support on August 12, 2014, 09:16:01 PM
Oh, that's interesting! I did not know it was no longer maintained.

I will keep this on my radar. It is something that would take a good bit of effort, so not a quick chore. I'd have to really commit to it and make it a high priority.

So, maybe, eventually. I could foresee it being part of Bitsum's overall offerings, one day.
Yup, it sound like a good feature, and I just Google awhile, it need SSDT hook or something like that.

Jeremy Collake

Hiding this topic (from competitors). Thanks for your feedback guys, and I'll have something very soon. Just hold on, still heavy in dev here!

BenYeeHua

Heavy?  ???
Did you means that your body is heavy? ::)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, it is weighed down by all the thoughts in my brain ;p

BenYeeHua

So I guess, if you found your weight is increasing, then you should think that, it is your idea are increasing. ;D