v3.79.12 beta Process window blank.

Started by 81RED, December 28, 2009, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

81RED

As the subject says - I can select the menus, but the main process window is completely blank. Stopped working in previous beta. (3.79.10?)

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the report.. I will investigate. I haven't seen this myself, but will definitely be looking into it. If you notice in any update that the problem gets fixed, please report back.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

This problem affects users that upgraded from a particular version of Process Lasso to the latest beta (most likely a prior beta). Chances are that maximizing the window will permanently fix it.

What was happening is that this beta of Process Lasso was using invalid window positions in its attempt to 'remember' the last size/position of its child windows. The positions are normally validated to ensure they are correct, but in this one upgrade scenario (probably v3.79.x to v3.79.12), the data was used even though it was invalid due to the upgrade.

Regardless, I will be addressing it in v3.79.13 - so downloading that build should be the end of it. If its not, please report it to me. This build is coming within minutes.

Thanks!

81RED

3.79.13 has indeed solved the problem.  Thanks a lot for the quick fix!

w1mnk

Hi Jeremy, this problem has returned with the latest beta 3.79.19. I loaded this one yesterday, and it started blank this morning, and has persisted thru several boots. Thanks for the great program!!

Regards, Jon

PS ASUS G50vt-A2, Win 7 Ultimate x64

Jeremy Collake

Ok, thanks for reporting it. I will be sure it gets fixed, but in the meantime you should be able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the product and checking the 'Reset window positions' install section at the very first of the install process. Again, this is the result of a beta-to-beta upgrade scenario ;o.

w1mnk

Jeremy,

My bad   ;D Reinstalled as directed and AOK. Thanks!!

Regards, Jon

Jeremy Collake

On the contrary, its not 'your bad' at all. This is a condition I have to be sure I handle without the user having to manually correct it. I appreciate you pointing it out. Please let me know if you see anything else.

I just added a safety mechanism to restore the power profile in case of a system or processgovernor.exe improper shutdown. I am reviewing, testing, and finalizing the code. I am very ready to get v3.80 out, and I think its ready.. I am really not seeing any show stoppers. This beta has taken longer than any other, mostly due to the holidays, but also due to the large number of changes.

This beta series has become so much more popular that CNET Download.com added a new 'Process Lasso beta' product, lol. I didn't add it, so one of their editors must have.

Jeremy Collake

I just saw this happen in one of my test beds, though not in any of the others. I am going to add an extra safety catch for this condition, so that at least reinstalling the product will fix it... should it occur. I am also going to look more closely into how this is occurring. Have you seen it occur again?

For other readers of this thread:
In the meantime, to any user affected by this... reinstall and check 'Reset window position' in the install.

Thanks