Chinese translations

Started by Jeremy Collake, August 18, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

BenYeeHua, do you use the product /w either Chinese translation?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

With my Bad English, I really don't understand the meaning of "/w either"... :P
---
As long as the software supported displaying English or Chinese, I will using it and choose which language it should be showing, based on the native language that the software is, so I will not facing any crappy translation or translation error because the translator don't understanding the software/game very well.
For PL, I am using English, like you can saw on many screenshot that I taken before.

If it is not either English or Chinese, and I badly need it, then I will use Google translate to try understand what is the button for, then remember each location of the button, and the functions as well.

I am not sure for the average customers that only know Chinese, but many of them hate crappy translation for Chinese, and they will love to having a Chinese translation, as usual.

Jeremy Collake

/w is shorthand for "with".

I meant with either Chinese Traditional or Chinese Simplified.

I asked just to see if you could comment on the quality of those translations. They are getting out of date too, I need to contract my Chinese reseller and have him update them.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Didn't even know there was 2 types .

All I know is every time I translate with Google translator or similar it never comes out were i understand fully what was written .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on August 19, 2014, 10:28:05 AM
Didn't even know there was 2 types .

All I know is every time I translate with Google translator or similar it never comes out were i understand fully what was written .
At what you can see, it is just the difference of how the words are written, Traditional is very hard to remember how to write it, so Simplified came out and being used for China and other country, to reducing the difficulty for learning Chinese.(Chinese is very hard to learn, but you don't know if you learn about it since born.)
But because of difference country are using Chinese Traditional(Hong Kong and Taiwan) Chinese Simplified(China and other place like Malaysia, Singapore), it will be difference words for the same meaning.

If you check the Registry wiki, you will found it is 注册表 for China, ç™»éŒ,,æª" for Taiwan, Hong Kong, it is because they has difference ways to translate/create a new word too!
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B3%A8%E5%86%8C%E8%A1%A8
There are other thing like the movie name, book name, character name in a book etc as well, you will see it is difference name for difference language.
And it is based on the taste of the user to think which name sound tasty. ;)
-----
I am checking the quality of translation now, and I am facing this error when I switching the Language, maybe you wanna fix this as well. :)

BenYeeHua

I just do a quick check as I don't use Chinese Windows at all, so I can't validate that, did it match the translation from MS or not.
---
Both quality are good enough for normal user, Chinese Simplified has causing less bug for Process Lasso, but it lack of a little bit accurate on the meaning with a bit more detail.
Chinese Traditional has causing some bug that will affect normal user, but it is at least accurate on the meaning.
Of cause it is based on the columns, log settings and the name for the 2 Refresh Interval.

For both of them, you can tell them to use the Park Control to unlock the settings on the Power Plans, and check for the official Translate of "Core Parking".
For Chinese Simplified, it should be 核心æ"¾ç½®, based on my friend's computer. :)
https://bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3721.0

For Chinese Traditional, it somehow broken the function of "Active Power Profile", and showing many legacy UI.
You can check for the "Main" menu, and the ProBalance, you will found there are many old settings still showing, somehow.
Like the Elevation, Disable Sound etc.
--------
A bit off-topic, it look like on the ProBalance, it is asking me to "Requires Elevation of Governor - Turn on Elevation Now!", which is not allowed to enable anymore.
You may wanna remove any UI that is about Elevation. :)