Manage processes of all users

Started by front360, May 13, 2013, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

front360

I noticed that Process Lasso doesn't "manage processes of all users" by default.  Can someone please explain why I should/shouldn't apply this option?  I'm using PL on my Asus G73JH laptop with Win8 x64.  Thanks in advance.

Don

edkiefer

If your the only user and you like to see background processes and services then enable it for all users .

if you want just basic , 3rd party processes, no services choose you only .

There no wrong or right its just amount of info displayed .
I think many would use manage all users so you see whats going on by most all processes .
Bitsum QA Engineer

front360

I know it shows processes for all Users and System processes.  But if I don't select it, then does it Not use ProBalance, etc. for the System and other User processes?  Therefore, to allow Process Lasso to manage every single process, do I have to select this option?

If I don't select "manage processes for all users", does PL just manage 3rd party processes?

BenYeeHua

Quote from: front360 on May 15, 2013, 12:02:17 AM
I know it shows processes for all Users and System processes.  But if I don't select it, then does it Not use ProBalance, etc. for the System and other User processes?  Therefore, to allow Process Lasso to manage every single process, do I have to select this option?

If I don't select "manage processes for all users", does PL just manage 3rd party processes?
Yes, if you select it, PL will manage all processes, except the System process, System Idle process and problematic processes.
If you don't select it, then PL will only manage the processes that running under your user name. :)

edkiefer

You also have the setting under probalance to exclude system processes .

I have mine set to manage all users but PL doesn't restrain many systems processes , mostly I see non OS processes in logs .
once in while I see service get lowered .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yes, only sometimes some services process(svchost.exe) will be restrained by PL. :)

edkiefer

Yes, and after just using widows update processes like Trustedinstaller.exe you might want to exclude (system process for installing updates) .

Then again it depends on how you want to run your system , that "should" run fine in background .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on May 15, 2013, 11:22:28 AM
Yes, and after just using widows update processes like Trustedinstaller.exe you might want to exclude (system process for installing updates) .

Then again it depends on how you want to run your system , that "should" run fine in background .
Yup, I also just update the windows, and found this process running too. ;)
---
Yes, this is your computer, only you know about him. :D

riham

I normally see all the process activities so I guess when my config went that setting went too.  Having not usually had to search for the switch in the menus it has slipped past me on this occasion. 
Our complete set of [url=http://www.testking.net/testking-117-300.htm]117-300 dumps[/url] test questions and [url=http://www.testking.net/testking-117-202.htm]Testking.net[/url] study guides you in exact way so you will pass your real [url=http://www.brandeis.edu/]brandeis[/url]

BenYeeHua

Ya, except for some special case for limited user, it should always be managing all the process, as every processes can "bite" you at the back. :)