Exposed -New ways for spread the ads without getting ban (visitor+avatar system)

Started by BenYeeHua, November 04, 2014, 11:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

So, if you open any user profile from Tieba.baidu.com, you will found that, the visitor record always has 1-2 person that is having a avatar with website address on it.

Before that, they just keep posting the post and picture, which is very easy to block.
Now, they just visit all user register on the biggest tieba, then you will always see the ads when you are browsing any user profiles.

Isn't that smart? ;)
---
Of cause it will be end if they create a filter system for avatar, which is what's they did for the post.
But, I don't think people(devs) that working on Tieba has the ability to create it in a year. ::)

BenYeeHua

Just some update, look like they are handling this ads now, most of them has their avatar removed, but newest one still having their avatar.
So I guess it is just a manual remove only. :)

Hotrod

The easiest fix would be to only give newbies their avatars after a trial period or a certain number of legitimate posts.

BenYeeHua

Ya, but you should know Tieba, they has a very bad coding(like function stop working, getting XSS attack etc..), because of the Hardware(CPU) that is using as the server.
So they are lazy to modified it now, why continue break it when it is breaking? I only see them continue breaking it because of Marketing. ;)
---
Talking about this function, I did see a similar one, when they has friends, then they can change their avatar.
But this should be useless, as they can just add themselves as friends. ;D

BenYeeHua

Funny enough, the ads bot just re-upload the ads avatar after it is deleted. ;D

Hotrod

A vote system might work as well. I still think that it would work best if it is tied to "useful" posts. For example a person with 5 posts that either discuss a legitimate issue or introduce a new idea for existing applications would be given the option to change their avatar. You could make this as easy or as difficult as you wish, but at least make them work for it. Mods could alternately vote on users as they encounter them in the forum with a simple click on the side of the post, +XX good votes and you get your goodies. :)

BenYeeHua

Ya, but you know, they are talking about bandwidth(and also getting ads click from their user), they even kick their moderator if they don't sign at least 20 days in a month.

And yes, they did try doing a vote system(and, it is just for the post inside the topic), but it is just a similar design copy from the other forum, so after it is testing on some place, then it is gone because most user found it is just a copy. ::)