prolasso.log & prolasso.log.0, prolasso.log.1 etc

Started by neophil78, November 27, 2014, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neophil78

Hi there,

I don't know exactly since which version of Process Lasso Pro, but since quite a long time i get what i'm finding weird on my 6 PC's running it (5 under XP family Edition 32 bits and 1 under Seven 32 bits)

The size of prolasso.log in C:\Documents and Settings\Philippe\Application Data\ProcessLasso\logs\ is increasing very much (don't know what make it increasing ...) and in big proportions : generally starting from 17 Ko, it may grow up easily to more than 6000 Ko, and sometimes i can find in same folder some "prolasso.log.0, prolasso.log.1, prolasso.log.3

In same time (which increasing size i think) PC's are slower on boot and i get 1 in particurarly which may take over 15 mn to give me the hand on it, since Process lasso is finishing to completly load and taskbar Icon is appearing (this one is under XP in FAT32 and running IOBIT SmartDefrag in background)

N.B: i've tried on each PC to uninstall Process Lasso, erase all history of it on HD as in Registry and reinstall it with default settings, but it's still the same

Any explanations on these different phenomenons ???

Thanks in advance

neophil

BenYeeHua

Ya, it is to prune the log, so it don't become a big log file.
To reducing the size, you can just not to record process launches and terminations, so it will be just a little log.
You can also clear it by tick the "Clear log at each exit". ;)

QuoteIn same time (which increasing size i think) PC's are slower on boot and i get 1 in particurarly which may take over 15 mn to give me the hand on it, since Process lasso is finishing to completly load and taskbar Icon is appearing (this one is under XP in FAT32 and running IOBIT SmartDefrag in background)
Hmm, not sure what will cause this, as I know, the log will only be loading after the Process Lasso is initialized...

neophil78

Not sure to understand exactly what you mean but here's how i changed the settings as i think you told ...

edkiefer

yes, that looks right.
your log should not fill up so fast now .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

These log files are just rotated/archived logs. Only 10 of them will ever exist.

The Process Lasso GUI may load a bit slower when the most recent log has a lot of entries, but not that much slower. It only affects the speed at which the main window is opened, certainly doesn't impact boot speed or the time it takes for Lasso to start.

I suspect any problems related to boot time are not caused by Lasso or it's logging. However, you can disable logging, which I guess you found.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.