Norton Security 2015 (Norton Tamper Protection)

Started by Ramesh, December 16, 2014, 05:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramesh

Process Lasso which I'm using the profile Bitsum Highest Performance is causing a huge amount of logs inside Norton Security 2015. I know it's Norton Tamper Protection that is causing it to keep logging that Process Lasso is interfering with it. I turned off Norton Tamper Protection and that very moment the logging stopped and no more problems.

Now I can't turn off Tamper Protection for obvious reasons. Could you please in the next update just make it play nice or ignore Norton Security 2015.

Here is a trial link for Norton Security 2015 in case you want to replicate and do some troubleshooting.
https://us.norton.com/downloads

I had this same issue before with Comodo Internet Security and you solved it by simply doing some minor change before in Process Lasso. Hope your able to do the same now. I took your advice and used the antivirus you recommended me  :-X sadly I got badly infected on a friends USB drive. I use a lot of unsafe thumb drives because of work and so had to upgrade my protection.

Yeah I hate Norton too hahah but stunningly this new Norton is actually good can't believe I said that but lo behold it works. Thanks again for a superb product and your continuous strive for perfection as I know your a perfectionist hahah  :-*

Jeremy Collake

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

7.3.2.3 beta will be up in about an hour. I'm still testing, but it hits the primary culprit.

waleeed1

I had this same issue before with Comodo Internet Security and you solved it by simply doing some minor change before in Process Lasso. Hope your able to do the same now. I took your advice and used the antivirus you recommended me  :-X sadly I got badly infected on a friends USB drive. I use a lot of unsafe thumb drives because of work and so had to upgrade my protection.

Jeremy Collake

No security software protects you very well. Malware is regenerated daily to beat it. If security software worked well, we'd not have a malware problem in the world. You really have to be very judicious about what you let run on your PC and who you trust. Even then, quarterly Windows reinstalls is recommended.

As for the problem, what version of Process Lasso are you using? In v8.9.6.8 the problem should be pretty much gone. You may see one or two entries in Norton's log, but that's it - and those are harmless. Is this not the case?

Thanks!

BenYeeHua

Ya, comodo doing bad on anti-virus, but it is a good HIPS tools, as long as you know how to write the rules. ;)

And yup, only you decide that can a security software assist you to protect from virus or not, it is still useless if just ignore anything. :)

Jeremy Collake

I have heard that this problem persists for ESET and Symantec with the latest version and am evaluating it.