Activation problem after power failure

Started by Hotrod, March 15, 2015, 09:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod

We just had a huge windstorm here and it knocked out 3 transformers in my neighborhood. When my power came back on all my systems were good thank god, except that one of my boxes asked for an activation key for PL. I was surprised. I hadn't seen this in a while. When I checked all my boxes I found that all of them had the key erased from the normally populated Activation pop-up. I checked the "About" pop-up, all of them said they were running pro except the one that needed the key. I tried my existing codes from the support page and got an error message..."oops ...blah blah blah".
I tried all codes available...no joy. I'm not even sure that the ones currently running pro will stay that way when update time rolls around. Can you help me JC?  :o

P.S. I also tried logging into support, downloaded the recent Pro version and tried an install over the previous one, but it still wants activated...no joy :(

Jeremy Collake

A registry cleaner (or damage) must have caused the loss of Lasso's registry key.

Just use your same key again, you won't have troubles on that same PC.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Oh, I see you tried your codes... are you sure network connectivity was OK at the time? Firewalls turned off (in case they interfere)?

Hotrod

I tried all codes and they didn't work even on my good boxes. I figured it out when Jeremy's messages hit my e-mail which I saw from my Android at work. I fixed it that night. Here is the part you might want to look at. The codes listed in my support page are of the format "W-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX" which I was copying and pasting directly into the form. When I looked at Jeremy's messages I realized they were supposed to be like this "XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX". I came home and tried them without the preceding "W-" and they worked fine. I had one box that refused to connect until I realized that the clock was set to 2009. After I fixed the date and time the network connected and all was good. Thanks for doing what you do so well guys it saved me again. :)

Jeremy Collake

Our cloud server provider (Rackspace) had an outage today that briefly affected our operations. That may have played a role.