Tweakscheduler

Started by chris635, March 23, 2015, 07:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris635

Hey Jeremy,

I would like to learn more about what process lasso can do. I am interested in the TweakScheduler. What exactly does it do and how do I use it to take more control over my system?
Chris

BenYeeHua

What's it does is changing the Windows NT Scheduler, it affected how's Scheduler decide when it should switch, or how fast it should switch between threads, for foreground and background processes.

I will said that it is nothing to tweak here, except you want more performance or equal CPU time given between background and foreground processes. :)

You can also saw this settings changed when you changed the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System, clicked on Advanced System settings, go to Advanced - Performance - Settings...(button) - Advanced - Processor scheduling. ;)
---
And ya, each time I saw your signature, I always thought you are a bot, because bot always like to set their name as their signature. ;D

chris635

No bots here...just us....aaaa eehhmmm...humans..lol!
Chris

BenYeeHua

But the problem is, how we can prove we are not bots. ;D
"On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog", or, em.. humans.  ::)

Jeremy Collake

It's an expanded rendition of the Windows System Dialog that tells Windows to focus it's CPU resources more on background or foreground processes.

The default for servers is to focus on background processes, turning off the 'foreground boosting' methodologies the workstation edition of Windows needs.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Attached quick pic of the Windows setting TweakScheduler expands upon:

chris635

Thanks guys. It's probably best to leave it like it is.
Chris

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: chris635 on March 24, 2015, 12:19:51 PM
Thanks guys. It's probably best to leave it like it is.

Yes, it is!

I have told people just that hundreds of times over the years. Many people get carried away with tweaking, hoping some random change will make their PC faster or fix some problem they are having. While some tweaks are appropriate, this is definitely not one that should be adjusted unless you are running a workstation edition of Windows as a server and w/o a UI (headless).

BenYeeHua

For normal user like us, just update Windows to the newest version, and it will be tweaked as it should be when it is released. ;)