fake process seen in process lasso

Started by eduz2000, April 01, 2015, 12:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eduz2000

I can see a fake procees in proces lasso ui.

I am sending the screenshots.

It is a process wich appears as firefox.exe but if I click for example watch dog you can see that the file is audiodg.exe.

You can see in the second screen shot tha for that process there is no measures under Memory, CPU, etc.

If I ask for the folder in Windows Explorer it denies the path. If I ask to take me to Internet a google page appears answering questions about audiodg.exe.

Can you help? Although it is not a process lasso problem but it is here where I can see the fake file.

Thank you

edkiefer

I beleive by design if you compare task manager to PL list there few processes not shown .System, system idle and audiodg .

In my PL it just not shown at all .

here some info on that process and why

https://bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=2633.msg11042#msg11042

That said you shouldn't see a fake copy ,should just not be listed .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

If I am right, this is just the old bug that processes that end/closed will still showing on the PL, and by killing it you will found it is just another system processes, and normally the process is audiodg.exe. :)

eduz2000

Quote from: eduz2000 on April 01, 2015, 12:03:46 AM
I can see a fake procees in proces lasso ui.

I am sending the screenshots.

It is a process wich appears as firefox.exe but if I click for example watch dog you can see that the file is audiodg.exe.

You can see in the second screen shot tha for that process there is no measures under Memory, CPU, etc.

If I ask for the folder in Windows Explorer it denies the path. If I ask to take me to Internet a google page appears answering questions about audiodg.exe.

Can you help? Although it is not a process lasso problem but it is here where I can see the fake file.

Thank you

I do not see that fake process any more.  Thank you