I have installed v.3.05 beta 6 x64.

Started by sst, August 11, 2008, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst

I have Windows Vista Ultimate x64 sp1 FrenchCanadian 2 gig ram, uac enabled, WindowsDefender enabled.

I have ProcessLasso v.3.05 beta 6 x64.

It have been some days, without update, ...

---

1) At windows startup, ProcessLasso dont go to systray. It mean that i see the ProcessLasso window, at each window startup. I have to "close/or reduce", the "ProcessLasso window".

2)With uac enabled and WindowDefender enabled, the latest version of "ProcessLasso is blocked to start, at window startup".

3) When the ProcessLasso window is open, some process have two line =

Example:

csrss.exe = System
csrss.exe = Sylvain

taskeng.exe = System
taskeng.exe = Sylvain

-
Can i disable the "csrss system" or the "csrss sylvain" program or others type of software that have two program loaded with the same name, but not the same user, or leave the 2 programs enabled = like not terminated or always terminated.
-----

Please note that some program that, is always terminated process, can made blue screen or even not window start anymore, until i go to safe mode and deinstall process lasso. Please verify at your side for window process that dont what to be terminated and/or always terminated.

-------
Sylvain
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

jcollake

Thanks for the feedback. I am aware of the first two issues, and that's why I've kept it in beta thus far. I need to get around that Windows Defender startup block. All these issues I plan to address soon.

To avoid people adding critical system processes to the 'always terminate' list, Process Lasso has a pre-built set of exclusions. I probably need to add more exclusions, as there are certainly processes and services I've left off the list.

As for processes of all users being shown (i.e. those of the 'system' user and your current user), I do not understand the question. Can you please rephrase it for me?

Thanks,
Jeremy

sst

My username is Sylvain, in my Vista windows. I am an adminstrator and it not have user. = I log in my Vista with my "Sylvain" administrator user name.

When the ProcessLasso window is open, some process have two lines but not the same user =

See the ScreenShot included.

Example:

csrss.exe = System
csrss.exe = Sylvain

taskeng.exe = System
taskeng.exe = Sylvain

-

3) When the ProcessLasso window is open, some process have two line =

Example:

csrss.exe = have a line with the username "System", and also a line of the username "Sylvain". Its a bug or not ?

Do you know. if i can [disable or remove from memory], one of the process like "csrss.exe, or others process", that have the username "Sylvain" or "System".

-------
Sylvain
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

Jeremy Collake

Sorry for the delay in response, I went on vacation.

This isn't a bug, there are really two instances of these processes running on your system and Process Lasso is showing them to you. It is normal for a process to run in both the system context and as a logged in user. If you don't want Process Lasso to show you these processes, you can turn on Vista's UAC and run Process Lasso with 'normal' rights (the installer of the latest beta asks this question). Otherwise, its best to just ignore them if possible.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.