Process Lasso 8.8.4.0 doesn't update to 8.8.4.1

Started by Montgomery, September 06, 2015, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montgomery

Hi,

Running Process Lasso 8.8.4.0 x-64 I read there's an update available to 8.8.4.1
Auto-update disabled here so I did as I always do, performed a manual update, but I'm told no updates are available.

8.8.4.0 runs fine, I'm simply puzzled : is this normal?

Thanks

edkiefer

I am confused , if you do manual install , where does it say 8.8.4.1 is not available ?

DL from this link an install.
https://bitsum.com/forum/index.php/topic,5016.msg19396.html#new
Bitsum QA Engineer

Montgomery

Quote from: edkiefer on September 06, 2015, 01:20:09 PM
I am confused , if you do manual install , where does it say 8.8.4.1 is not available ?

DL from this link an install.
https://bitsum.com/forum/index.php/topic,5016.msg19396.html#new
Updates / Check for Updates Now -> OK -> Pop-up : No update available. You have the latest version of Process Lasso
Of course I can download/install 8.8.4.1, I'm simply exposing this unusual issue.

chris635

Chris

edkiefer

Ok, I see , you are still using auto-updater , just you are triggering it manually .

The issue is probably how builds are ID# , Jeremy I am sure can look into fixing it up hopefully .

I am on beta so I didn't run into this issue .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on September 06, 2015, 02:33:56 PM
Ok, I see , you are still using auto-updater , just you are triggering it manually .

The issue is probably how builds are ID# , Jeremy I am sure can look into fixing it up hopefully .

I am on beta so I didn't run into this issue .
Or he want to testing about the delay update function(similar to Notepad++ delayed update), which push to beta first, then release to release channel? :)

Jeremy Collake

Here's the deal:

8.8.4.1 from 8.8.4.0 only has changes to the installer and a couple Italian strings. It was released a day after 8.8.4.0, and I saw no reason to bother any user of 8.8.4.0 with it, since the only changes are so minor and affect more the installer than anything else. There will be a new final pushed out within a week anyway, so I'm just limiting how much people are bothered with updates. It was quite intentional.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Montgomery

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on September 06, 2015, 06:09:58 PM
Here's the deal:

8.8.4.1 from 8.8.4.0 only has changes to the installer and a couple Italian strings. It was released a day after 8.8.4.0, and I saw no reason to bother any user of 8.8.4.0 with it, since the only changes are so minor and affect more the installer than anything else. There will be a new final pushed out within a week anyway, so I'm just limiting how much people are bothered with updates. It was quite intentional.
OK! If I could have guessed I wouldn't have made a post out of it.

edkiefer

Quote from: Montgomery on September 07, 2015, 05:01:42 PM
OK! If I could have guessed I wouldn't have made a post out of it.
Don't worry about it , you did good reporting what you see .
It could of had a different outcome  :)
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

No problem. I knew better than to do this, and it turns out the installer change I made wasn't even important.

Sometimes I'll refresh the current build without changing the version number. You know, a few new strings, or other minor things. However, in this case, I thought I'd go to .1 to officially demarcate a new build.

All in all, poor release management on my side. Apologies for this.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Montgomery

Quote from: edkiefer on September 07, 2015, 05:35:28 PM
Don't worry about it , you did good reporting what you see .
It could of had a different outcome  :)
Always the same thing when you don't know, in doubt I prefer stating what I experience. Concerning this point of updates I'm briefed!

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on September 07, 2015, 05:35:48 PM
No problem. I knew better than to do this, and it turns out the installer change I made wasn't even important.

Sometimes I'll refresh the current build without changing the version number. You know, a few new strings, or other minor things. However, in this case, I thought I'd go to .1 to officially demarcate a new build.

All in all, poor release management on my side. Apologies for this.
Like a gourmet who knows nothing to cooking I appreciate what I experience from Process Lasso but to be frank most of the time many of the changelogs' contents are welcomed here by a "Great!" followed by the thought "What the heck is that?!". I know all is done for the best and I run this gem in total confidence.