[SOLVED] How to give children processes High priority?

Started by Autowar, September 12, 2015, 06:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autowar

I use Roland Versaworks RIP printer software, which generates a new instance of RolandVersaworks.EXE for every file being RIP'd or printed, then those children processes are killed when the operation is complete.

How do I make Process Lasso always give these processes High Priority immediately upon being generated?

Is there a way to make Process Lasso simply recognize process names, and execute priority changes based on the name detected?

Thanks!  ;D

edkiefer

Quote from: Autowar on September 12, 2015, 06:27:15 PM
I use Roland Versaworks RIP printer software, which generates a new instance of RolandVersaworks.EXE for every file being RIP'd or printed, then those children processes are killed when the operation is complete.

How do I make Process Lasso always give these processes High Priority immediately upon being generated?

Is there a way to make Process Lasso simply recognize process names, and execute priority changes based on the name detected?

Thanks!  ;D
If you know the name of the process you can setup priorities in the options ("configuring default CPU priority") , you just need to know name and what priority you want to set it .

That said, it is generally not good practice to raise priority as to many high priority processes goes against what PL is based off (lower priority of background ).
So be careful how many processes are above normal priority .

Also it sounds like these would be background processes so you can add them to exclude so Probalance won't lower priority , though if you alter it default, this should not happen.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Autowar

The problem is solved!

Setting the program to High Priority via Process Lasso... And nothing else!

Process Lasso by default auto-applies the settings for one instance to the spawned same-name instances!

Very convenient!  ;D

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer