Norton reports "access thread data" again

Started by ChrisCHEN05, October 27, 2015, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisCHEN05

Norton Internet Security reports "Unauthorized access blocked (access thread data)" from PROCESSLASSO.EXE, again.
This time is the Norton's process "coNatHst.exe".
This kind of logs happens once a second.

Norton Product Tamper Protection
Unauthorized access blocked (Access Thread Data), Blocked, No Action Required
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PROCESS LASSO\PROCESSLASSO.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\22.5.4.24\coNatHst.exe
Access Thread Data
Unauthorized access blocked

BenYeeHua

So I guess Norton changed the process name again, or it is a new feature.
Thank for inform about this, it will be added into the list after the dev saw this post. :D

Jeremy Collake

This is a non-critical issue - really only an annoyance, if you even look at that log of Symantec's.

However, unlike BenYeeHua's guess, it is not a simple case where they changed the process name. We already have that name excluded.

Make sure that 'Options / General Settings / Ignore problematic processes' is CHECKED and please report back.

Also make sure you have the latest Process Lasso.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

ChrisCHEN05

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on October 27, 2015, 06:09:51 PM
This is a non-critical issue - really only an annoyance, if you even look at that log of Symantec's.

However, unlike BenYeeHua's guess, it is not a simple case where they changed the process name. We already have that name excluded.

Make sure that 'Options / General Settings / Ignore problematic processes' is CHECKED and please report back.

Also make sure you have the latest Process Lasso.

1. "Ignore problematic processes" is CHECKED: checked!
2. The latest version Process Lasso: mine is v8.8.8.2, checked!

BenYeeHua

For curious, I just Google and found that it is launched when Chrome browser is launched(Or any browser launched), this may lead some clue if this issues is not caused by any config error, and if this is a PL bug. :)

Edit:Just changed "any" to "Chrome" ;D

Jeremy Collake

Thanks, I'll set up a test bed and determine what is going on exactly. In the meantime, please don't fret too much about this. If I had to guess, they only occur when the GUI is visible, not when it's minimized to the system tray. Even then, their impact is surely beyond negligible, and as a last resort, you can always close the GUI completely and open it only when you need to reconfigure Process Lasso. In any event, I'll report back when I know more!

parkd1

@ ChrisCHEN05

If you do not know already a new version came out yesterday. Version is now 8.8.8.6 Now to just wait and see what Jeremy finds out.

Jeremy Collake

The new version did not resolve this problem, I didn't get to it. It's on the agenda for the beta series I'm about to start though.

ChrisCHEN05

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on October 28, 2015, 07:27:39 PM
Thanks, I'll set up a test bed and determine what is going on exactly. In the meantime, please don't fret too much about this. If I had to guess, they only occur when the GUI is visible, not when it's minimized to the system tray. Even then, their impact is surely beyond negligible, and as a last resort, you can always close the GUI completely and open it only when you need to reconfigure Process Lasso. In any event, I'll report back when I know more!

Thank you! You are right about it.

If you would like me to do anything else to help to solve this issue, or to verify this issue is solved or not, please let me know.