Lost license (GAOTD)

Started by Josh, January 29, 2011, 03:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

I downloaded this program from GAOTD the last time it was available but my hard drive crashed and I'm unable to recover anything from it so I was wondering if there's any way I'd be able to re-register the software.

Jeremy Collake

You can continue to use the free edition, which has all the popular features. You do have to tolerate clicking 'Skip' to go by that activation dialog at startup though. Otherwise, there is no official recovery method, as per GOTD terms (not my own rules). This is the only way they can convince vendors to participate in these give-aways, is by imposing some limitations. Sadly, you slipped into one ;o. Of course, you can always purchase the software, for which you'll get a great value. You can even go back and download older versions then.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

kyma

I have a slightly related question here. Though I did not lose my license, I am afraid that I will lose it if I upgrade it from 4.00.30 to 4.00.32. Am I allowed to upgrade for free? I do not want to take any chances. BTW, it was the program itself prompting me to download the latest version automatically.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: kyma on January 30, 2011, 02:43:26 PM
I have a slightly related question here. Though I did not lose my license, I am afraid that I will lose it if I upgrade it from 4.00.30 to 4.00.32. Am I allowed to upgrade for free? I do not want to take any chances. BTW, it was the program itself prompting me to download the latest version automatically.

This upgrade is indeed free to all GOTD promotion users. DO NOT uninstall first. You will be entitled to free minor updates of version 4.00, as these are bug fixes, so I feel it is only right to entitle you to them (even if not affected, and even if I also throw in performance or features).

clyde

This is the first post for me here,but to let you customers be able to update all the updates for v4 is a very decent thing to do.I am using your product from GOTD and it's great.Thanks again for these updates.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: clyde on January 30, 2011, 10:00:18 PM
This is the first post for me here,but to let you customers be able to update all the updates for v4 is a very decent thing to do.I am using your product from GOTD and it's great.Thanks again for these updates.

To be clear, this ends at v4.1 . Still, it is better than the usual policy.

clyde

That it is because some products don't give you any updates at all.I can see the home license in the very near future for sure.Perhaps I'll even beta test for you on a test machine when time allows.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: clyde on January 30, 2011, 10:13:00 PM
That it is because some products don't give you any updates at all.I can see the home license in the very near future for sure.Perhaps I'll even beta test for you on a test machine when time allows.

Thanks ;)