Setting All Applications' Priorities and CPU Affinities Each Time One Is Opened

Started by Noah Ertz, December 02, 2015, 09:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah Ertz

Hello, I am not sure if such a feature exists, but I need help with performing a certain configuration. What I would like to do is to temporarily change all of the normally running applications' memory priorities, priority classes, cpu affinities, etc. to a certain type every time an application such as a game runs on my computer. For example, I would like to have all of the other applications to run on one of the cpu cores while I have the other three cores dedicated for the game. I would change a few memory priorities here and there as well. Once the game is no longer running, I would like all of the applications to return to using all 4 of the cores so that I don't put so much work on the one core all the time (and so that they run with all of the computer resources that are available). Please let me know if there is a way to do this, and let me know if I need to clarify anything. Thank you. :)

edkiefer

Quote from: Noah Ertz on December 02, 2015, 09:20:54 PM
Hello, I am not sure if such a feature exists, but I need help with performing a certain configuration. What I would like to do is to temporarily change all of the normally running applications' memory priorities, priority classes, cpu affinities, etc. to a certain type every time an application such as a game runs on my computer. For example, I would like to have all of the other applications to run on one of the cpu cores while I have the other three cores dedicated for the game. I would change a few memory priorities here and there as well. Once the game is no longer running, I would like all of the applications to return to using all 4 of the cores so that I don't put so much work on the one core all the time (and so that they run with all of the computer resources that are available). Please let me know if there is a way to do this, and let me know if I need to clarify anything. Thank you. :)
Hi Ertz , that feature has been brought up in past, as of right now that is not supported feature of game mode.

That said, I will say by default PL lowers dynamically the priority of any background process that may inter-fear with foreground process (your game).
You could also set affinity to drop cores on the restrained process in Probalance advanced setup.
Bitsum QA Engineer