The software not recognize the right power managment profile

Started by ArturFonzo, October 10, 2015, 09:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArturFonzo

Hello,

I'm trying process lasso and i've noticed that if i change power profile to "balanced" to "low energy" or to "hight permormance" no change system do, and core are not disabled. The CPU have ever the maximum number of core ang frequency.

i've Windows 10.

edkiefer

Hi, First are we talking Park control app or ProcessLasso ?

Can you check that systems is changing power profile ?
Do this by first seeing what power profile PL says, then go to control panel power options (not sure were in Win10, might be under settings ) ,see that there the same.
Then in PL change to bitsum HP power profile and see that systems power profiles shows it changed . (there also a shortcut to system power profile config under options>tools>open windows power options .
Bitsum QA Engineer

ArturFonzo

ProcessLasso Application :)

If i change the power profile with process lasso also windows power profile change. But i've change the setting in park control for example for lower power consuption the core active are only the 25% and the frequency only 5%, but if apply this profile no change be for frequency and core active.

edkiefer

Quote from: ArturFonzo on October 10, 2015, 10:00:27 AM
ProcessLasso Application :)

If i change the power profile with process lasso also windows power profile change. But i've change the setting in park control for example for lower power consuption the core active are only the 25% and the frequency only 5%, but if apply this profile no change be for frequency and core active.
First , what hardware do you have ?
There can be issues getting core parking working depending on registry, hardware, bios etc . PL or park control only tell windows to set a power plan, it can't force it , so to speak .
On the 5% min  frequency ,what that does is just let cpu go as low as its able to and then raise in small increments when demand is needed .

Also one way to check core parking is open resource meter with CPU tab enabled and on right the CPU core that are parked will say so with a overlay on the graph (CPU 0, CPU1, CPU2 etc ).
Bitsum QA Engineer

ArturFonzo

My PC Spec:
===============
Intel i7 950
6GB G.Slikk Pi Series
GTX 770 lightning
1 SSD Samsung 840 Pro
1 HDD WD Blue 320gb
1 HDD WD Green 2TB
PSU Corsair TX650
===============

But i remember when i have user Process lasso 2 years ago, when i enable a balanced profile, some core are disabled making some column of core of Grey color and frequency very low.

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Are you using 'Bitsum Highest Performance' , which is distinctly different from the system 'Highest Performance'.

You can use ParkControl to verify the settings of any power plan. Give it a try and let us know what you see. https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

ArturFonzo

ok i have made a test with ParkControl app, The 8 core are ever activated. Only frequency drop to minimun that is 1.6Ghz. There is a problem with BIOS option, like speedspectrum or similar?

edkiefer

Quote from: ArturFonzo on October 11, 2015, 06:06:35 AM
ok i have made a test with ParkControl app, The 8 core are ever activated. Only frequency drop to minimun that is 1.6Ghz. There is a problem with BIOS option, like speedspectrum or similar?
1600 is right on idle speed and as far as bios, just make sure these options are enabled , (most are under CPU power management ) Enhanced Intel Speedstep tech , Turbo mode , CPU C1E , CPU C3-C6 (all C-x) . Set all these enabled which should be default auto .

I assume the system goes to sleep ok after X min , the display goes out ok ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

ArturFonzo

All the CPU power management in the BIOS are enabled on Auto. My doubt is the deactivation of the core, no grey overlay on the core ever 8 core are enabled :/