Language selection pop up on newly created profiles

Started by Hotrod, February 02, 2016, 04:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod

I have created a couple of new non-Administrator accounts on my Windows 10 Home x64 desktop. Even if I give these accounts Administrator privileges, I still get a PL Language Selection pop up each and every time I log into the accounts. Even after making a selection under he selected login, I still get the pop up at the next login. I'm sure there is a simple fix to this. I have PL set to manage all users. Do I just re-install on my original Administrator account or do I need to run the installer under each user, or is there a setting I can change in the config .ini??

Jeremy Collake

Hotrod,

Ed has confirmed and reproduced this errata. It must have popped up in last week's update, which involved changes to the language selection mechanism to support multiple Bitsum products.

Please hold while I investigate and fix on this end.

Thank you for reporting this!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Fixed internal beta build now ready.

FWIW:

//
// Precedence on read:
//  - Read HKCU, then HKLM if HKCU doesn't exist or is in error state
//   - Legacy language setting for product   (HIVE\Software\ProcessLasso\Language\@ProcessLasso)  <-- REG_BINARY - DO NOT USE MANUALLY
//   - New per-product language setting      (HIVE\Software\ProcessLasso\@Language) REG_DWORD
//   - Shared company language setting (HIVE\Software\Bitsum\@Language)  REG_DWORD
//
// Write:
//  - Write to both HKCU, then HKLM *if* we are instructed to
//   - Legacy language setting for product (HIVE\Software\ProcessLasso\Language\@ProcessLasso)   <-- REG_BINARY - DO NOT USE MANUALLY
//   - New per-product language setting          (HIVE\Software\ProcessLasso\@Language)  REG_DWORD
//   - Shared company language setting (HIVE\Software\Bitsum\@Language)  REG_DWORD
//
//

Valid DWORD values (decimal):

LANGUAGE_ENGLISH = 0,
   LANGUAGE_RUSSIAN = 1000,
   LANGUAGE_SIMPCHINESE = 2000,   
   LANGUAGE_GERMAN = 3000,
   LANGUAGE_SPANISH = 4000,
   LANGUAGE_DUTCH = 5000,
   LANGUAGE_FRENCH = 6000,
   LANGUAGE_SWEDISH = 7000,
   LANGUAGE_ITALIAN = 8000,
   LANGUAGE_SLOVENIAN = 9000,
   LANGUAGE_PORTUGUESEBR = 10000,
   LANGUAGE_POLISH = 11000,
   LANGUAGE_JAPANESE = 12000,
   LANGUAGE_TRADCHINESE = 13000,
   LANGUAGE_KOREAN = 14000,
   LANGUAGE_SERBIAN = 15000,
   LANGUAGE_FINNISH = 16000,
   LANGUAGE_INDONESIAN = 17000,
   LANGUAGE_SERBIAN_LATIN = 18000,
   LANGUAGE_HUNGARIAN = 19000

Jeremy Collake

Version 8.9.5.1 beta passes all tests. Now released.

A newly logged in user other than the one who installed Process Lasso may be presented with the language selection *once*.

When I feel it's prudent, we'll release a new final version.

Hotrod

Good, then it's not something I messed up.  ::) Thanks for the quick response as always. I'll just wait for the final as it's always worth the wait.  8)

Jeremy Collake

Wait no longer my friend, v8.9.6.0 final has been released.

Ed and I both tested, and it should be fine now. A new user starting Process Lasso for the first time on an account other that which it was installed will now be asked once. That language selection will persist, and they won't be asked again. If you find that not to be the case, definitely let us know! Otherwise, please confirm the fix. We tried to test in as many scenarios and platforms as possible, and expanded the scope of the testing beyond this specific behavior.

I am changing this behavior in v9, so that a new user is not asked at all. I'll either default to the installed language, and/or use the Windows language of the user. Until then, I had to settle with as few changes as possible to the v8 branch.

Hotrod

Confirmed fix.  :D Language selection no longer appears in all accounts. Once again you totally surprised me. About 12 hours and 30 minutes from report to final. Thanks again for the superior support.

Jeremy Collake