[3.99.0] "General unspecified error" on watchdog window

Started by Scott, June 08, 2010, 08:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I assumed it was preferable to post issues in their own threads, rather than dumping them in the "Process Lasso v4 beta series" topic.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

PL 3.99.0 alpha
WinXP Pro SP3

The screen shot explains it; when I open the new watchdog window and click Cancel, I get an error.

Jeremy Collake

I was jinxed even before my previous post (where I said 'it should work fine') in another thread ;p.

I will check this out, its not surprising there is an anomaly in the error handling of this condition. I tested *having* watchdog entries, but not always not having them. There is also a glitch in the 'Remove selected' function when multiple processes are selected in the configuration dialogs -- though perhaps I shouldn't point out my own bugs ;).

Anyway, thanks my friend. I will make sure this is fixed. If its not fixed in the next build, be sure to poke me again.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I must have been awful tired when I wrote that dialog box procedure, lol. I fixed it up in v3.99.1 alpha. It mostly worked fine, except the Close and Cancel buttons didn't function right, and it would throw that error if the list was empty. Well, fixed up now.. hopefully. I spent more time on the translation facilitating tools (my custom rcImport/rcExport/rcMerge) more than anything this build.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

johnw

I apologize in advance if there is a section devoted to suggestions to future developments that I missed so I posted my suggestion here! I was wondering what you you think of adding  say the top 3 CPU intensive processes/applications running to the popup window that you get when mouse is on the icon in the notification area. Currently it show process lasso version; Responsiveness (which for me is always at 100%); current CPU load; and Memory. I am aware the information can be found by opening the main program but it would be more convenient  to the user. Also maybe you could think about including a log over a time period of the  most resource hogging applications and how often Process Lasso had to intervene to restrain them. The log  would be in a summary form ordered by process and maybe ordered by number of interventions. Also how about the graph having an option to show the process(es) using the most CPU. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Scott

This is the right forum, but please create a new thread next time.   :D   That way, (1) Your post will be more easily found; and (2) People subscribing to the existing thread won't get an email notification for an off-topic post.