Enigma software vs bleepingcomputer.com

Started by bertie97, April 04, 2016, 09:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

That's an interesting situation. There is so much trash in the Windows ecosystem, and it really doesn't surprise me that some companies will do anything to protect their brand... well, except hire or empower good software engineers. There are a lot of software companies in the world that are taken over by non-software people, and they just don't get the industry at all. They look at their software engineers like blue collar workers, and have clueless or apathetic management. That's a big reason I prefer to stay independent.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

bertie97

Unfortunately clueless management is endemic, hasn't the US govt just thrown $bn's at a bunch of too-big-to-fail companies that have been basically crippled by their (mis)management again?

The world seems unfortunately full of finger-pointing entitled-wasters who would rather cripple & exploit the work-force & strip assets than actually learn or understand a skill.

Better stick to generalizations or we'll all be subpoena'd :P

Jeremy Collake

You are so right. Steve Jobs had a lot to say about 'professional managers'. During it's early growth, Apple hired a bunch, and had to fire them all because they were "bozos" (in Steve's words). I think that's the crux of the issue. You get people who aren't interested in the product or industry in upper management, and this literally destroys the passion from which creative impetus arises. Then it's just a paycheck for everyone, and the company culture degrades.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.