PeCompact2 request

Started by Cruster, September 02, 2008, 06:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruster

Hi,
First off I'd like to say a big 'thank you' to Jeremy for writing PECompact. I think its an absolutely brilliant and extremely useful utility. So much so, that I bought the shareware license. I have one request which is, would it be possible in future releases to have PECompact "remember" the last folder used rather than defaulting to its own?

nibble

I see not really a need ::)
- PEC2 has 'Register Shell extension'
- Drag 'n Drop to PEC2

You can also create Batchfiles for same files in same location. ;)

Cruster

Quote from: nibble on September 05, 2008, 09:19:24 AM
I see not really a need ::)
- PEC2 has 'Register Shell extension'
- Drag 'n Drop to PEC2

You can also create Batchfiles for same files in same location. ;)

Hi Nibble.

I hadn't realised you could drag and drop. Nice!  :)
But I still think it'd be a nice feature if PEC2 remembered the last directory it used?
Maybe in PEC3?  ;)

nibble

Hi Cruster,

I guess a Batch would do already your job and you can edit a .bat-file easy with a simple texteditor,
for the case you just rename the folder or move the dir to somewhere else especially
when the content is still the same (like filenames) its no prob to use batches again and again.

Its really not my decision, it would be Jeremy's.
But this feature would be only useful, if you want compress at most the same things.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for your support and the feature request. I'll put this on the todo list and try to get it into the next final build of PECompact.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Cruster

Quote from: nibble on September 07, 2008, 11:03:28 AM
Hi Cruster,....
...But this feature would be only useful, if you want compress at most the same things.

Hi Nibble, that's exactly what I want to do!  ;D I'm compiling some programmes and my .exe is always placed into the same directory. So each time I start PEC2, I must navigate over to my programme directory.

Cruster

Quote from: jeremy.collake on September 07, 2008, 02:32:08 PM
Thanks for your support and the feature request. I'll put this on the todo list and try to get it into the next final build of PECompact.

Woohoo!  ;D  ;D

Jeremy Collake

This feature has now been implemented, a few versions ago. Does it work as everyone wanted?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

nibble

I was already looking where, but couldn't find a checkbox or something like that (generally expected.) ::)
So, not yet the right time for a pro or contra. :)

Cruster

Quote from: jeremy.collake on October 17, 2008, 01:32:36 PM
This feature has now been implemented, a few versions ago. Does it work as everyone wanted?

Yes, perfectly! Thank you *very* much   ;D