[Corporate Carbon Copies] vs Process Lasso [EDIT]

Started by Nico, February 07, 2011, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Hi All,

I use [Corporate Carbon Copies] along with Process Lasso PRO 4.00.33.

Now there is a feature available with the [Corporate Carbon Copies] toolbox called "[Corporate Carbon Copies]" with the following features:

I am unable to assess the efficiency of "[Corporate Carbon Copies]" as this feature seems very similar to what Process Lasso is doing. What do you think of this software ? As anyone experienced any improvement (or performance issue) when running "[Corporate Carbon Copies]" along with "Process Lasso" ?

My feeling about this is that one or the other program is already too much, and I should only stick to "Process Lasso" which is far more detailed than a toolbox such as [Corporate Carbon Copies].

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Nic
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Jeremy Collake

Various 'corporate' crapware utilities have tried to copy our ProBalance technology. Sadly, their copies are all done wrong, so far as I've seen. It did take me some time to get it right too, but I can say that you want to go with the first and original, the one with the longest and best track record, and a developer who isn't out to separate you from you $$$... and who provides public research, documentation, and proof.

Of course, Process Lasso is the hands-down winner in lowest resource utilization, despite competitor's attempts to hide their actual resource utilization through various tricks (yes, they actually do that).

I can't have competitors mentioned here, as their software is crap, but may look like a fun game and entice people who are influenced by visually pleasing software. So, I edited your post to remove the name. I do not know if you meant to advertise for them or not, but it was essentially just that. Any time you mention someone, you are advertising for them, even if you say you believe Process Lasso is the best at the end.

Most importantly, if you want to use their software for some other reason, you should DISABLE any priority management features of their software. Let Process Lasso handle that. NEVER use both together. It does NOT double the benefit, it does just the opposite. Process Lasso is designed so that unexpected things are handled ok, and would probably be fine, but having two cooks in the pot is never desirable.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Nico

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your answer on this topic. I didn't mean to advertise any other software competitor against Process Lasso.

I just wanted an opinion on another software which apparently was doing the same thing without giving much details.

I've been using Process Lasso for quite, and I will continue using it as my computer runs very smoothly since I installed Process Lasso.

Regards

Nic

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Jeremy Collake

Thanks Nico, and I know you did not intend to advertise for them. It is just that the slightest mention of corporate crapware is an advertisement.

Look, if this software was written better than mine, I'd be all up for it. However, seeing 'optimization' software consume 50-100MB, hide it from the user, and do more harm than good just sickens me... and that, in my opinion, is exactly what this and other cheap copies are doing. They don't care if it works later, they want to SELL you on the IDEA. They also have no refund policy like me, because they know in most cases their crap doesn't work like it should.

These companies have even started emailing me from fake accounts to try to pry info from me and such. I caught one, so I know its not my imagination, else I'd not mention it. Anyway, STAY AWAY from them is my advise. Again, if using WITH Process Lasso, disable ANY priority management they do.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.