Update notification in XP SP3

Started by Elwood, August 21, 2018, 12:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwood

Just letting y'all know that I got notified to update to v9.0.0.478 (x32) today, figured it was a mistake and canceled the offer to update.

Thanks.

Jeremy Collake

Simple answer is that you should disable update checks.

Over time, the issue will self-resolve as XP will lose the ability to connect to our web infrastructure due to changes in HTTPS (TLS).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Elwood

Okey dokey, hadn't noticed that before.

Planning to change OSes soon.

Jeremy Collake

Yes, I believe a change to our server infrastructure incidentally re-enabled XP updates for the time being. I intend to resolve this soon, again orphaning XP.

Rishel

Quote from: Jeremey Collake on August 29, 2018, 05:02:06 PM
Yes, I believe a change to our server infrastructure incidentally re-enabled XP updates for the best diet pills time being. I intend to resolve this soon, again orphaning XP.

Hi Jeremy, did you resolve this issue yet btw?

Jeremy Collake

Updates in XP should be off as of a while back.

rosey12

The updated version is not working on my ASUS device. It is showing error. I have visited   but didn't get any useful ideas. Please help me to fix this.

edkiefer

Quote from: rosey12 on May 15, 2019, 06:04:30 AM
The updated version is not working on my ASUS device. It is showing error. I have visited   but didn't get any useful ideas. Please help me to fix this.
Here is the latest version all XP users should run.
https://bitsum.com/company-news/process-lasso-v8-final-release-for-windows-xp-and-2003-completed/
Bitsum QA Engineer