Rules not being applied

Started by c0ntinuity, May 28, 2011, 07:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0ntinuity

ever since the v4.09.21 beta pre-defined rules will only trigger after i have loaded the gui and created a new rule if i reboot the computer and do not use the gui, rules will not be triggered. This error is still occurring in the v5 final, i have had to revert my version to v4.00.33 for rules to be triggered automatically

Jeremy Collake

v5.0.0.17 beta is being uploaded in the next 15 minutes. This build fixes the aforementioned watchdog rule application and also fixes an issue with the 'clear all' button in the watchdog configuration dialog.

I do apologize for overlooking this, though I hope an expedient fix will make up for it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Note that if you have any trouble getting the new version, it may be due to the old server still lurking around in the DNS caches of the world. BOTH servers would tell you that they are sending v5.0.0.17, but the old one would send v5.0.0.15. You can access the new files here:

http://www.bitsum.org/files/prolasso.zip
http://www.bitsum.org/files/prolasso64.zip

c0ntinuity

just tried out 5.0.0.17 and it still isnt applying anti-sleep and game rules automatically. However, priorities, affinities and disallowed processes are working

Jeremy Collake

v5.0.0.19 final is being uploaded as I speak. It repairs both. A singular bug in the governor affected these. Thank you for reporting this! I apologize for posting a few times here, I get obsessed with issuing the perfect statement.

Please note that v5.0.0.18 was also uploaded a few minutes ago, before I read this post. It does not contain this fix.

c0ntinuity

dont apologise, i wish more developer types were as vocal as you! many thanks for the hopeful expedient resolution to my problem

Jeremy Collake

Thanks ;). In my testing today the new version appears to do well. I am embarrassed this was released broken, but it is not atypical of me to polish a final version after I release it. I believe it is quickly coming together into the release it should have been on day #1.

If you do find that anything doesn't behave right, including parts I believe are fixed, please do report it and I'll take care of it. I appreciate these reports very much, they are essential to ensuring everything is working 100%. As a lone developer it seems my own testing is sometimes insufficient.