Bitsum Highest Performance Power Profile

Started by CWBillow, September 30, 2018, 01:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWBillow

What do I need to do to block and/or remove this power setting from Windows 10?  I have tried the conventional ways to delete a setting (Change Power Settings / Delete this plan) but it keeps reappearing.

It is causing conflicts with some of my personalized pwer settings.

Jeremy Collake

What Bitsum software are you using? ParkControl or Process Lasso? A fix to persist the deletion of BHP properly is on the work list, so that may be what the issue is here. In the interim, if BHP isn't used, then it will not cause interference.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Off the top of my head there only a few places of BHP linking.

1) Performance/game mode (BHP is clicked enabled by default).
2) Idlesaver, Switch the power plan can have BHP profile.
3) Default application power profiles

In all area's you can configure it so it is never used.
Bitsum QA Engineer

CWBillow

@Jeremy: I am using Process Lasso.

@edkiefer:  I even went in and deleted (I thought) Bitsum Highest Performance, but not only does it "come back" but it sets itself as the power profile in use.

edkiefer

Yes, The Profile will reinstall, but once you configure usage in PL it should not be used.
Jeremy (DEV) is going to make changes on this AFAIK (no timeline).

I am curious where you are seeing this auto usage as BHP plan, in what module is it doing it?
Bitsum QA Engineer

CWBillow

I found this a couple days ago because my screen in Outlook was dimming somewhat.  I only have/use two power profiles, with the only difference being screen timeout.  So I went to the profiles page and saw BHP set as the profile.  I deleted it, and sure enough, it was back after machine reset.

edkiefer

Ok, Well just wait for a fix and make sure BHP is not enabled in any features as Idle-saver, app power plans and performance mode.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

In the interim, since we don't know how BHP is being induced in your case, you might want to tweak the BHP profile to be like you prefer, instead of deleting it.

CWBillow

That's what I have done.  It makes BHP somewhat redundant, but that rather than not being able to rely on settings.

Jeremy Collake

I've implemented the change to allow for uninstallation of Bitsum Highest Performance while retaining Process Lasso. It will be in v9.0.0.489 beta, in the 'Options / Performance Mode settings' submenu.

This new build will be issued in an hour or so. Let me know how it goes for you!

CWBillow

CWBillow

The uninstall seems to have gone fine.  I'll call out if there's a problem.

Thanks,
Chuck