Park Control Update to 1.2.8.8

Started by Hotrod, November 26, 2018, 07:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod

The PC interface is not showing the newest update. The website shows 1.2.8.8, but the app shows 1.2.8.4 so a seamless auto update can't happen as usual. :(

edkiefer

Quote from: Hotrod on November 26, 2018, 07:41:11 PM
The PC interface is not showing the newest update. The website shows 1.2.8.8, but the app shows 1.2.8.4 so a seamless auto update can't happen as usual. :(
Thanks for heads up.

Will look into it.
Bitsum QA Engineer

bertie97

Just noticed this. 
Also made me wonder if there should be a 'include beta' option as in PL?  ;)

Grabbed the beta & installed & I get 1.3.0.3 not .5
Clicked the 'one click update' & it still says 1.3.0.3   ???

....Anywayz Thanks for the work you put into this guys ;)

edkiefer

Yeh, Jeremy made some beta changes and wanted to make sure they were good to go.
The links will be fixed shortly when he gets a little free time.
Bitsum QA Engineer

bertie97

Quote from: edkiefer on November 30, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
Yeh, Jeremy made some beta changes and wanted to make sure they were good to go.
The links will be fixed shortly when he gets a little free time.

OK thanks Ed ;)

bertie97

This may be a red herring as it looks like MS wants me to do a clean W10 install again due to 1809....every @#~&^%$ feature update does this to me (on 2 different PCs)....    but this occurred in PL after I ran the PkCtl update.
Looks like it's also a time machine! :P

edkiefer

What stocks should we buy?  ;D
Seriously I never saw that one reported but will check systems with both PC and PL installed.

PS: You should all be on lastest now with the auto-updater, version 1.3.0.7 now.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Hotrod

bertie97

Quote from: edkiefer on December 01, 2018, 09:00:41 AM
What stocks should we buy?  ;D

Great minds think alike  ;D

OS is now fresh Win10 1809 - no more time travel :(  but PC is up to 1.3.0.5 ;)

Jeremy Collake

Apologies for any version confusion. The version number issue was intentional. I had deferred pushing out the prior ParkControl update (a couple weeks ago), hence the installed version could show newer than the officially available version.knowing another was coming.

I changed the code so in the future if I do this, it won't show any inconsistency. There are times when an update just isn't worth pushing to clients.

I don't know if I'll ever include a beta option in ParkControl. I have developed an aversion to 'option bloat'. But as you all have noticed, when a beta of it is installed, it does then track the beta versions and updates.

Further work on ParkControl is pending, including a change to the CPU frequency display so that it shows the highest per-core boosted frequency. Right now it is showing an average of all cores frequencies, non-boosted.

Also coming is further work on Surface devices, as they have sub-tiers of the Balanced power plan (as exposed through the new-ish performance slider on the battery icon) that requires some special handling.

For now, back to Coreprio - almost have a proper package for it. I sure hope this thing gets utilized, it has been tedious to properly package it and create a small UX.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

bertie97

Thanks for the info JC.
I am now off to try the coreprio :)