Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900
Corsair Hydro H150i Pro RGB Radiator
1050GB Crucial MX 300 6GB/s SSD
512 GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 32Gb/s SSD
750 Corsair RMI Modular 80+ Gold
Be Quiet Silent Wings
Alienware AW2518H 240HZ 1st Monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG 279Q 165 HZ 2nd Monitor

iam a Gamer since 20 years round about it and i have good Hardware but im also looking that ma Windows System Softare is full optimized to get best Performance in my Competice Games. Im using the Programm Park control since month to get all Cores available. Than im happy to find the Programm Process Lasso and think yes thats it!.

im following a Tutorial to get all Processes marked with Strg + A and going right click and make the Priority-Class,Everytime -> to Idle.

than im going to Active Processes and rightclicking my Fortnite Gaming Exe and make the Same options Priority-Class, Everytime to- Higher than normal

Most time when im Looking in Processo-Lasso the Fortnite.Exe is Higher than normal but also most time its in Idle by the way normal mode.

I dont know why but i see this because i have amazing FPS drops in game and im wondering why is this? Any tips? So i think about to Buy a license but with this options i think to delete this Programm and dont play with it.

Best Regards.

edkiefer

Quote from: Amrenik on November 29, 2018, 05:51:51 PM
Hey Everybody,

first a little Informations:

My Hardware are:
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero WIFI Z370
Intel Core I7 8700k 6x 3.70 GHz
32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR 4 CL 14
11 GB Asus GeForce GTX 1080 TI ROG Strix
Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900
Corsair Hydro H150i Pro RGB Radiator
1050GB Crucial MX 300 6GB/s SSD
512 GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 32Gb/s SSD
750 Corsair RMI Modular 80+ Gold
Be Quiet Silent Wings
Alienware AW2518H 240HZ 1st Monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG 279Q 165 HZ 2nd Monitor

iam a Gamer since 20 years round about it and i have good Hardware but im also looking that ma Windows System Softare is full optimized to get best Performance in my Competice Games. Im using the Programm Park control since month to get all Cores available. Than im happy to find the Programm Process Lasso and think yes thats it!.

im following a Tutorial to get all Processes marked with Strg + A and going right click and make the Priority-Class,Everytime -> to Idle.

than im going to Active Processes and rightclicking my Fortnite Gaming Exe and make the Same options Priority-Class, Everytime to- Higher than normal

Most time when im Looking in Processo-Lasso the Fortnite.Exe is Higher than normal but also most time its in Idle by the way normal mode.

I dont know why but i see this because i have amazing FPS drops in game and im wondering why is this? Any tips? So i think about to Buy a license but with this options i think to delete this Programm and dont play with it.

Best Regards.
Can you explain more in bold part I highlighted?
Also which Tutorial are you using?

Ok, For one you don't have to set all processes priority manually. PL Probalance does this for you dynamically if a process spikes while you are in a focused application (game).
But you might want to set only a few to higher, above normal. Any more than a few processes in process list higher than normal can degrade performance.

Second I would not go to idle or real-time, these to extremes are normally not a good idea.

Now on your game, did you set it to performance mode, that will help.
On changing priority to higher values but it is being reset you can try force mode in the options menu.
It could be the game doesn't like altering the priority or if it has a launcher if you set that manually it could interfere.
Is this a Steam game?

It is best to go slow with manual changes until you get used to how PL works and with your application.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Amrenik

Hey thanks for your Answer. yes i follow 1:1 this Steps here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeaargCjmx0

English is my Second Language i cant understand all what u reading now. but i hope when i read it more and more i understand

edkiefer

Ok, well if you don't understand any part of my above comments I can try to explain better.

In this video, I can not recommend doing that, setting all the processes to idle encluding DWM, PL processes can run into problems.
There is a reason some processes are set to higher than normal for good reason.

My advice to you is to start simple there really no need to go crazy in tweaking every process, at least not till you get to know PL well.
I would start by setting your game to performance mode.
Then if you want to raise your game priority do only that.
Did The priority value stick/hold, if not try force mode.

Do those first then we can go further maybe depending on your results.
There is a start-up guide.
https://bitsum.com/docs/process-lasso-setup-guide/

PS: I should explain a bit for others that may read and view the vid.
One reason setting processes to idle can have bad results is with a heavy load on CPU the idle process will have problems updating and might become unresponsive.
This can be a bad thing for processes like PL ones and DWM.exe (Desktop Manager)
Bitsum QA Engineer