Where's the "x64" or "64-bit" annotation?

Started by gman68w, September 24, 2011, 03:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman68w

For the past several iterations of PL, I've updated through the program itself rather than by downloading the latest version from Bitsum's site, but I'm not sure that it's been updating to the latest 64-bit version, and rather to the latest 32-bit version. Am I supposed to see "x64" or "64-bit" somewhere when I click "About Process Lasso" under the Help tab? I don't see it anywhere else, either, like the System Tray balloon (it just says "ProLasso 5.0.0.48b", without any sort of 32-bit or 64-bit designation).

Jeremy Collake

It is not shown in the About box. If you see '[32]' beside the process name of ProcessLasso.exe (in the processes list), then it is the 32-bit version. For example "ProcessLasso.exe [32]". Otherwise, it is the 64-bit version. I have not seen any problems, but let me know if you do.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

gman68w

Ah, well. Neither Task Manager nor PL show the ProcessLasso.exe with the [32] annotation, so I guess I'm good.

Miroku4444

I have the 32-bit version and i dont see any [32] besides processlasso.exe.

edkiefer

I think that is only the case in 64bit OS as in 32bit all processes are 32bit .

you should worry if you see (64) after it in 32bit system . j/k  ;D
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yes, edkiefer is right, and amusing ;). The [32] is only present on 64-bit systems, indicating that it is a 32-bit process running in Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64).

Jeremy Collake

I've added a 64-bit indication in the About box for the next build.

gman68w

Saw that, thanks! Where's the release notes thread for the new Betas?

Jeremy Collake

Please see the (new) big red button here: http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm

Prior to adding this, it was hard to find. Thanks for reminding me of this need.

edkiefer

Quote from: bitsum.support on October 04, 2011, 12:36:29 AM
Please see the (new) big red button here: http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm

Prior to adding this, it was hard to find. Thanks for reminding me of this need.
Great, I was looking for the beta history changelog from first 5.1.x .
The other thing you could do is have 2 history links , one like you do now that points to latest stable build and one below the beta build that would automatically point to the newest beta changes .
not big deal but would simplify a bit .
Bitsum QA Engineer