Beta .0.6 and .0.7 missing Gaming Mode settings?

Started by gman68w, October 17, 2011, 11:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman68w

I'm not able to find the option in the right-click context menu to "Turn ON Gaming Mode when process is running" in the usual place since updating to BETAs v5.1.0.6 and .0.7. Has the option been removed or merged with the "Exclude from restraint" settings somehow?

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: gman68w on October 17, 2011, 11:46:18 PM
I'm not able to find the option in the right-click context menu to "Turn ON Gaming Mode when process is running" in the usual place since updating to BETAs v5.1.0.6 and .0.7. Has the option been removed or merged with the "Exclude from restraint" settings somehow?

It is there, just moved into a sub-menu and renamed, sorry for the confusion. In the process context menu (right-click), see the 'Classify this process' submenu, then 'Designate as a Game' ;) ... Better, worse? I dunno, but as I increase the number of classifications, this seemed appropriate. I will update the docs as this goes final - until then it is subject to change, and could go back to the way it was even.

Of course, there is also the Configuration dialog for this (and all other options) in the Options menu, though it is easy to use the context menu for certain.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

gman68w

I didn't see it at all in .6, but I just found it in .7 after having posted the OP. I like the new layout. I prefer multiple branch category menus to one hideously long list of options. It's much cleaner, and it wouldn't take a moderately intelligent person (i.e. the average PL user) to use his or her powers of deduction to figure out the options.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: gman68w on October 18, 2011, 07:49:44 PM
I didn't see it at all in .6, but I just found it in .7 after having posted the OP. I like the new layout. I prefer multiple branch category menus to one hideously long list of options. It's much cleaner, and it wouldn't take a moderately intelligent person (i.e. the average PL user) to use his or her powers of deduction to figure out the options.

Glad you like the change ;). I agree, the number of options got absurd - that's why I made the change. I hope to do something similar with the process context menu ...
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.