Main Menu

alg

Started by Miroku4444, October 14, 2011, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroku4444

alg
Is there a reason why alg.exe doesn't display the description[claimed] and publisher[claimed] sometimes? If i re-start process lasso it usually shows up right again.

Jeremy Collake

I believe it has to do with timing and system conditions. If Process Lasso first 'sees' alg.exe at a certain point, it may not be able to derive its publisher and description. That is a guess though, until I investigate. I will work on this in the next beta, which has many things worked on and further tuned.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

After reviewing the code logic, I now believe my original guess was wrong. I am not sure the cause of what you see. I must investigate further. It is a peculiarity for sure. Thank you for reporting it.

Miroku4444

Quote from: bitsum.support on October 15, 2011, 02:49:30 AM
After reviewing the code logic, I now believe my original guess was wrong. I am not sure the cause of what you see. I must investigate further. It is a peculiarity for sure. Thank you for reporting it.

Ok, thanks.

Is there a reason some of the other processes do the same thing? Like csrss.exe, and smss.exe, etc...

edkiefer

To also add why are some processes show blank for cpu % instead of 00% if there not being used . Is it cause they need to be triggered at least once ?

PS: I start PL after OS loads desktop .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: edkiefer on October 15, 2011, 11:13:38 AM
To also add why are some processes show blank for cpu % instead of 00% if there not being used . Is it cause they need to be triggered at least once ?

It is more related to fractional activity. If the CPU % is 0.3% (re: not 3%, 0.3%), then it shows as 00%. Until it reaches 0.5%, at which time it shown as 1%. However, if it is truly 0%, or a very small amount, then it will show as blank. The idea was to not clutter the UI with non-active processes, but I see it does need adjustments to be clear.

edkiefer

Quote from: bitsum.support on October 15, 2011, 06:04:05 PM
Quote from: edkiefer on October 15, 2011, 11:13:38 AM

It is more related to fractional activity. If the CPU % is 0.3% (re: not 3%, 0.3%), then it shows as 00%. Until it reaches 0.5%, at which time it shown as 1%. However, if it is truly 0%, or a very small amount, then it will show as blank. The idea was to not clutter the UI with non-active processes, but I see it does need adjustments to be clear.
Ok, kind of thought it be something like that, good to know anyway .
Bitsum QA Engineer