Main Menu

Idle saver

Started by chris635, January 20, 2020, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris635

Hi fella's

I have lasso set to switch to power saver after 30 seconds (Idle saver). Sometimes lasso will get confused and stay on power saver. I have lasso set to check for updates and install automatically, it will happen then and my systems are set to backup at night automatically as well(macrium reflect set to balanced) sometimes it will get confused then as well. I have to manually set back to balanced then idle saver will operate like it should. Any ideas as to why?

Chris

Jeremy Collake

It is possible the Balanced rule for the backup app is causing the problem. If the backup app is started while IdleSaver is active (in Power Saver), when the app later stops the power plan could be inappropriately restored to Power Saver and remain stuck there. I am evaluating the logic surrounding such a scenario.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

chris635

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 20, 2020, 12:54:51 PM
It is possible the Balanced rule for the backup app is causing the problem. If the backup app is started while IdleSaver is active (in Power Saver), when the app later stops the power plan could be inappropriately restored to Power Saver and remain stuck there. I am evaluating the logic surrounding such a scenario.

This is exactly what is happening. Thanks Jeremy
Chris

Jeremy Collake

I found that my described scenario wouldn't be an issue unless IdleSaver was disengaged and re-engaged while the backup software (/w app power plan) was running.

So if you were idle when the backup software run, no problem so long as you didn't resume user activity until after it had finished.

User activity or a product update while the backup software was running would cause what you saw.

I made an adjustment in beta 45 to fix this scenario, but it is still possible for their to be confusion when multiple power plan rules are simultaneously in effect.

If you update to 45, please let me know how it goes. Of course, it may take some time to know for sure how the change has impacted your case.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

chris635

That scenario looks right. Yes I will monitor further yes on the update.
Chris