Silent installation

Started by RDMTECH, February 17, 2009, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDMTECH

It's time for more feature requests. 

I'm starting to generate more interest for PL and I'm looking for ways to integrate it into our management system.

The first step is devising a way to silently install the application.

Maybe something like this:

processlassosetup.exe /silent /i: c:\install.ini

I should be able to set all the installation parameters via the ini file.

I was also thinking about some way to intelligently generate an event in the application log when it limits an instance, throttles a process, trims virtual memory...ect.  For the people who don't want events logged there should be a way to disable the functionality.  Probably disabling it by default, but giving the option to selectively disable/enable each category.

I'm trying to pitch the idea of purchasing a site license, but first I need a way to better integrate PL into our management application.

Let me know what you think.

Jeremy Collake

Hi,

Thanks, those are great ideas, and I'll definitely work towards them. I am planning many changes to encourage use in the enterprise market.

I'll do what I can to get these done in the near future.

If you have any other ideas to better appeal to network admins, please let me know.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

RDMTECH

I've been getting feedback from other net admins and in a nutshell they are all asking for functionality to configure via the command line. 

One admin requested the ability to modify the process instance limit without the need to create a completely new limit.  For example, he wanted to change 'notepad.exe' from 2 instances to 3.  To do this in the current version he would have to delete the existing limit and create a new one.

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there will be more to come.  Thanks for all the hard work!

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: RDMTECH on February 27, 2009, 12:06:04 AM
I've been getting feedback from other net admins and in a nutshell they are all asking for functionality to configure via the command line. 

That's an excellent idea, and one I had not considered before. I could add such a capability pretty easily. I will work on getting it designed. Keep the ideas coming ;).

Thanks!

RDMTECH

It would be really nice to be able to drag and drop 'prosuper.ini' on the GUI.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: RDMTECH on March 05, 2009, 11:07:40 AM
It would be really nice to be able to drag and drop 'prosuper.ini' on the GUI.

Hmm, interesting idea. I never considered that. It sounds useful to some people, so I'll put it on the list ;).

Thanks