"There was a syntax error with the overload rules in the INI file" [FIXED]

Started by frank14612, June 29, 2013, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank14612

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and have been using Process Lasso 64 for years without any problems until today. This error message, which won't go away, started today after I changed my power options.

The full error message is: "[ERROR: missing string] There was a syntax error with the overload rules in the INI file. None are being enforced due to this syntax error." I can't run the program without this error message popping up -- in duplicate. Closing it or clicking on OK puts it away for about 1 second, then it pops up again and again . . .

Can anyone help figure out why this is happening and how to fix it? Thank you.

BenYeeHua

Can you tell what you has changed on your power options?
It might be Power Plan Name issues. :)

frank14612

Thank you for your reply. Something good happened between when I posted this topic and now.  :D

Before I posted to this forum: I was having trouble getting the PC to hibernate, and all the various online help that I found told me to check all devices to disable the "wake" feature in Power Management Options, which I did. After I did that, the High Performance power plan I had been using disappeared.  :( So out of necessity I switched to the Balanced plan. That's where I am now.

After: I searched around and by accident I found the Power Troubleshooter, which I ran. It told me that it fixed six different settings that I had made. I then ran Process Lasso again, and this time it works!  ;D There are no more error messages. So I think the problem has been fixed.

Thanks again for your reply.

Frank D

edkiefer

For desktop I never let it hibernate or sleep  or let HD turn off . there so many issues either in bios setting or drivers its just not worth it IMO .
Laptop is another story .

Glad you able to fix it .

I assume your comments above were changes in device manager properties power management not control panel power management ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

frank14612

QuoteI assume your comments above were changes in device manager properties power management not control panel power management ?
Ed,
The changes to the power options were made in the Power Management options in Control Panel. The changes to the "wake" options were made in Device Manager.

Frank

edkiefer

Quote from: frank14612 on June 29, 2013, 12:47:22 PM
Ed,
The changes to the power options were made in the Power Management options in Control Panel. The changes to the "wake" options were made in Device Manager.

Frank
Copy that, that is what I meant , I know wake is a power option of network device in device manager , but I never messed with it .
Bitsum QA Engineer

frank14612

QuoteI know wake is a power option of network device in device manager , but I never messed with it .
Ed, after this event, I'm not going to mess with these settings again!

Frank

Jeremy Collake

Thank you for the report. I had this reported by another user too. I'm evaluating it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: frank14612 on June 29, 2013, 01:41:19 PM
Ed, after this event, I'm not going to mess with these settings again!

Frank
Yup, except you wanna save power for laptop life time, or enable the computer by using smartphone, then it is no use for you. :)

Jeremy Collake

ISSUE: Temporary bug in a beta build.

RESOLUTION: Update to latest version.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.