Support site acting up.

Started by Hotrod, January 27, 2014, 05:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod

The support site is being buggy. One of my XP boxes got a corrupted update and failed. When I tried to go to support page and do a manual install, it would not accept my login. I reset my PW and logged in successfully after 3 tries. Then it took me 4 tries to get to the change PW page. After successfully changing my PW it took me 2 tries to get back in. I then logged out and tried to log back in to put the new PW into LastPass. It still won't let me back in at the time of this post.

Hotrod

I got the updated file from the PL home page. Luckily I had the foresight to print the Support page and my keys the first time I got in. I lost all my config settings but that can be fixed with time. At this time I STILL cannot get into the support page.

BenYeeHua

Me too, I will email Jeremy about this.
---
Emailed.  :)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, it's foobar'd at the moment.

It's been a mess for some time. Years worth of hasty incremental maintenance.

The switch to the new server, with it's slightly different config, caused bugs to start manifesting.

I am working on refactoring the Support area code. I hate to waste time on it, but it needs to be done. It shouldn't take much longer.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Ok, take your time.
And I think you may showing a warning on the Support page first, so if they can't log-in now, they will know it is fixing etc.  :)

Hotrod

Support site logged in successfully today and all seems to be working correctly again. Thanks for the prompt responses guys.  :)

BenYeeHua

loled when I see prompt responses, as I read as "prompt, responses". ;D
Lucky the translate helps me. ;)

Jeremy Collake

Sometimes you have to hit login twice ... the first time it won't work, the second time it will.

Yes, it's pretty bizarre.

I have been meaning to track down what is going on and fix it, but - well, I'm a busy man running around like a chicken with my head cut off most days ;p
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

QuoteI have been meaning to track down what is going on and fix it, but - well, I'm a busy man running around like a chicken with my head cut off most days ;p
And, how does it feel when you get a new head. ;D