"Jump to file on disk" + "File Location" column

Started by Coldblackice, June 10, 2014, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldblackice

Could we get the ability to right-click entries and select "Jump to file on disk" or "Open File Location", opening an explorer window to the file's location? It'd be awesomely helpful if we could also do this in the various sections -- "All Processes", "Active processes", and "Actions log".

I often see a program that I want to jump to its location, but instead have to resort to searching for it with an external program.

Additionally, it'd be helpful if we could get a column called "Directory" or "Image Path Name" (or similar), that shows the file path of each entry. Sometimes I see process entries that I have duplicates of on my system, and I'm unsure which particular one they are. In "Task Manager", there's a column for this (Image Path Name), and we can also right-click processes and open their file location.

edkiefer

app process , right click >locate>locate exe on disk :)

Filename column show path of the process/exe
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

So far, only "Actions log" don't allow to do this, I has filled about this feature some time ago. :)

edkiefer

Yes, I think reason it is not is because active is a temporary list .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Ya, you can't just log the location of files on the log, except you has enabled logging of launch process just like me.
And saving the location of files into memory might also is a good idea, if there are limit like 50.

As some of us want the log having the function to jump to file on disk, is because there are many process that only run like 1-2s, or terminated while we found out there are strange process get restraint by Process Lasso. :)
---
And...
I hope you are talking about "Actions log", not "Active processes". ;D

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on June 11, 2014, 09:19:39 AM
Ya, you can't just log the location of files on the log, except you has enabled logging of launch process just like me.
And saving the location of files into memory might also is a good idea, if there are limit like 50.

As some of us want the log having the function to jump to file on disk, is because there are many process that only run like 1-2s, or terminated while we found out there are strange process get restraint by Process Lasso. :)
---
And...
I hope you are talking about "Actions log", not "Active processes". ;D
I was talking both but mis spelled :)

Yes, you would need to setup a list of last x process with whatever info you want to get out of it, this cause path of exe .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, and so far I am using the record of launched process to check the path myself, as it has more info like the command to run that software, and which software run it too. ;)