I have installed v.3.60.6 x64 in Windows 7 build 7100 RC x64, 8 Gig Ram.

Started by sst, June 28, 2009, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst

Hi, ...

I have installed v.3.60.6 x64.

I have = Windows Vista 7 Ultimate, French Canada, x64 [Release Candidate, Build 7100 = "for testing purpose"], 8 Gig. Ram

---

Latest version = v3.60.6 x64 of Process Lasso, work With (Vista 7 Ultimate x64 [Build 7100 = "for testing purpose"]).

---
No imcompatibility problem, even with 8 Gig. ram. and also with Windows 7 ReleaseCandidate x64.
---

Are you able, to made 1 systray icon, that have several colors. One for each cpu.

= Like, one pixel horizontal line (that go up and down) color for each cpu. Instead of : in example 4 cpu that have 4 systray icon in total.

Me, i whant [just one Process Lasso, Cpu systray icon], that have inside all cpu, displayed in colors, ...

---

----------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

Hotrod

I have downloaded the Pro version of 3.60.6 x32. On attempting to run the installer it gets to the "terminate" part and hangs with 100% CPU usage and "-2"(that's right..negative 2) Responsiveness. The CPU usage eventually drops to 10-20% but the responsiveness stays the same and the entire Computer locks up only allowing me to close the main PL GUI. I have re-downloaded the installer and tried again with the same results.  :(

Jeremy Collake

@sst: Thanks for the test result. I do have plans to work on improved system tray icons and also add per-CPU graphs to the main window.

@hotrod: That's disturbing to hear ;(. I just double checked the builds and didn't see any obvious problem. The problem may have actually came from the previous build. I recommend doing an uninstall (you can keep your config and log), then trying again. Alternatively, delete InstallHelper.exe from the Process Lasso program files folder. It may work then.

I've seen what you mention happen before on rare occasions, but never determined the cause because the problem always went away. I suspect something is sometimes going wrong in my builds, OR there is some interference by some common anti-virus or anti-malware software.

Just FYI, the -2 responsiveness is an indicator that the responsiveness calculation thread has been terminated, so its not a real result of any measurement.

Anyway, I will definitely be looking into this further and see if I can figure out what's going on.. or a work-around if all else fails.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

I never had time to do the uninstall you recommended. Upon arriving home tonight I updated to 3.60.7 which installed perfectly just like all the previous versions except 3.60.6 and seems to be running perfectly. No changes or reboots/restarts have been done since I failed last time. Go figger...  ???

Jeremy Collake

Hmm, interesting, thanks for the update. Version v3.60.7 was built in my alternate build environment (a virtual machine). I will keep an eye out for what might be causing this strange problem.

sst

Hi, ...

I have installed [v3.60.7 64-bit x64].

I have = Windows Vista 7 Ultimate, French Canada, x64 [Release Candidate, Build 7100 = "for testing purpose"], 8 Gig. Ram

---
[I have a day used bug]. = Each time i go to "the about option", the days used, increase 1 day upper. = Then now it's 47 days used, and my Windows 7 installation, is only installed since 1 week, ...

Please respond me soon as possible, ...
---
Edit : I have included a screenshot, it display now 78 days.

----------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Jeremy Collake

@sst: Thanks, there is apparently a bug with our days installed counter ;(. I am tracking down the cause and will issue a fix soon.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: sst on July 04, 2009, 09:57:23 PM
[I have a day used bug]. = Each time i go to "the about option", the days used, increase 1 day upper. = Then now it's 47 days used, and my Windows 7 installation, is only installed since 1 week, ...

I have rewritten the days used counter mechanism in v3.61.6 beta. Since I plan to go ahead an release v3.62 soon, I likely won't back-port the fix to v3.60. However, if there is a delay in v3.62, or another update to v3.60 is necessary, I will go ahead and fix it there.

Hotrod

Okay my problem recurred upon updating to 3.62. I tried removing PL through "Add and remove Programs" and it stalled again. Next I manually stopped Process Governor AND Process Lasso, and this time "Add and remove programs" was able to complete the uninstall. I told it to keep my config and log files as you suggested. Upon installing the new 3.62, I noticed all my previous settings were gone. Is there an easy way to get these back without doing it all over again from memory?

Jeremy Collake

Hmm.. I hate to hear the problem recurred. I extensively tried to reproduce that problem and only had success when I was installing the x32 build over the x64 build. I suspect somehow an x64 or x32 image was somehow inserted into the wrong installer. I'll check on it though.

I think I may know where your configuration settings went, at least i hope so... I renamed the default configuration file a few versions ago, but for users already using Process Lasso the configuration file was still stored under the old name. In other words, when a user upgraded, it kept using the old name of 'prosuper.ini'. Now, since you wiped out the registry entries with an uninstall, it probably went to the new name of 'prolasso.ini'.

I suggest looking in the configuration file folder (in the about box) and seeing if there is a 'prosuper.ini'. If there is, rename it to 'prolasso.ini' (or copy the contents into prolasso.ini).

Please let me know if that is what happened...

Hotrod

This appears to be the solution as both files ARE located in that folder. Do I need to stop PL or PG before editing these files? Would a restart of PL or maybe my computer be neccessary? I just wish to get this right the first time with as little hassle as possible.  ;)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Hotrod on July 16, 2009, 05:08:18 PM
This appears to be the solution as both files ARE located in that folder. Do I need to stop PL or PG before editing these files? Would a restart of PL or maybe my computer be neccessary? I just wish to get this right the first time with as little hassle as possible.  ;)

Here's how I'd recommend doing it:

1. Close Process Lasso and its core engine
2. Delete 'prolasso.ini'
3. Rename 'prosuper.ini' to 'prolasso.ini'
4. Restart Process Lasso

Sorry for the troubles buddy, at least it appears your configuration is still there ;)

Hotrod

That did it.  ;D  This should fix the problem once and for all. I probably could have figured it out for myself, but a set of simple instructions to follow sure makes things alot quicker and the process goes so much smoother. Thanks sooooo much for taking the time to walk me through it. On a side note, the new features work like a dream. I will get back to you with any other things I notice soon. Thanks again, you are the best support person I've EVER encountered.  :-*

sst

Hi, ...

I have installed [v3.62.1 64-bit x64].

Windows 7 RC x64 Ultimate Build #7100 French Canadian, [UAC disabled = User Account Control disabled], 8 Gig Ram, [ReadyBoost 8 Gig., on a 8 Gig. Usb ThumbDrive Ntfs].

---
Hi, ...

I have installed [v3.60.7 64-bit x64].

---

Please respond me soon as possible, ...
---
Edit : I have included a screenshot, it display now 78 days.

Respond = It have been fixed, ... Thanks, ...
-
Also, ... I will get back to you with any other things I notice soon.

---

----------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)