I have installed v.3.05 beta 8 x64.

Started by sst, August 28, 2008, 07:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst

Hi, ...

I have installed v.3.05 beta 8 x64.

I have = Windows Vista Ultimate FrenchCanadian, x64 SP1, HP DV8305ca Laptop, 1 Cpu core AMD Turion 64 Mobile, [2 Gig. DDR1 333 Ram], [UAC enabled], [WindowsDefender x64 enabled], [ReadyBoost 2gig on "SecureDigital Highspeed(C2)"], [Vista Ultimate Estimated Score of = 3.0].

[You have fixed] = The ProcessLasso startup, that display at startup.the processlasso window (Now it dont popup "display) at windows startup).

You can make an option, to enable/disable "the display of the ProcessLasso window, at Windows Startup"

---
Do you test when = I have set Low priority in a program like a software that have inside an option to set the priority "i have set it to low", but i have made "Foreground boosting enabled in ProcessLasso". (But i dont whant problem, of priority change at each seconds, or the software change is priority and ProcessLasso change the priority of that software, because it made the priority force mode.

Also, can you tell me how to not enable "the ForeGround priority in ProcessLasso, to not be used for a specific software(s).", even if the Software is in ForeGround.

I ask that, because i have some new softwares, "Like [AusLogics Disk Defrag], that have an inner option to set, inside is working priority. (Even an antivirus that i use = Avast), have an inner option to change it itself priority, but Process lasso set it to normal or low on process restrain. I dont whant an automatic freeze of the priority of a program, because i whant to set temporary the priority to an other priority.

---

Please note : Some new softwares and games, have a priority selector for itself. And can be in problem if someone dont set in ProcessLasso to ignore priority change.

--

Can you made a change priority detector, inside your ProcessLasso. And if the priority change too much time inside some amount of seconds, dont change priority. Its like "out of control process", but for priority.

--

-------
Sylvain
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: sst on August 28, 2008, 07:29:53 AM
[You have fixed] = The ProcessLasso startup, that display at startup.the processlasso window (Now it dont popup "display) at windows startup).
  You can make an option, to enable/disable "the display of the ProcessLasso window, at Windows Startup"

Sure, I'll add that option. I defaulted the behavior to NOT show the window whenever Process Lasso starts, so it definitely needs to be added.

Also, can you tell me how to not enable "the ForeGround priority in ProcessLasso, to not be used for a specific software(s).", even if the Software is in ForeGround.

Yes, I plan to add a foreground boost exclusion list very soon.

Can you made a change priority detector, inside your ProcessLasso. And if the priority change too much time inside some amount of
seconds, dont change priority. Its like "out of control process", but for priority.

Yes, I will try to work on adding a limit to how often the priority can change. That will be particularly useful to users like you who use the 'forced mode'.

Thanks for the continuing great suggestions.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.