A new way to visualize active processes...

Started by Jeremy Collake, November 19, 2009, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

A while back it dawned on me that with Process Lasso it is very difficult to see what processes are consuming CPU cycles. To resolve this, I planned a new 'Active processes' tab and horizontal bar graphs to depict the CPU utilization of each process. I've now completed the first alpha release with this capability.

More information and a screenshot is here: http://processlasso.blogspot.com/2009/11/new-process-view.html
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

offchu

Thanks for the new alpha build but priority adjustment didn't work for me.

Win7 Ult. x64, process lasso 3.79.2 x64

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the report. That isn't the priority adjustment, that is the refresh speed. That is the speed at which the GUI refreshes the process list, and the speed at which governor rechecks running processes. I need to change those labels so that uses aren't confused, and also fix that double check.

offchu

Sorry, I was not clear in my previous post. Priority adjusment and GUI problems were different problems.

Jeremy Collake

I have fixed the refresh speed setting, and also renamed it. I will upload a new build some time today that fixes that.

I have done some quick testing and don't currently see any problems with the priority adjustments, though will continue testing. Since this is an early alpha build, expect sporadic problems. When it hits beta, if you still see the problems, please report them again and we'll try to figure out whats going on.

Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

I did an interim silent update to Process Lasso v3.79.2 alpha. You might try re-downloading it. The next incremented version will come very soon, I am making quick work of this new alpha/beta series.