Window Size Change

Started by charlesn56, December 14, 2009, 12:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlesn56

With the new beta version 3.79.7. When the program starts the previous lower window size does not stay as the user resized it. Also when you toggle Ctnl-G, the window size changes to the default possition. I love to be able to toggle the graph the way it is now. Is there anyway to correct this and have both ?

Jeremy Collake

Yes, certainly you can have both ;). It is just a glitch in my rewrite. I will work to fix it. Thank you for reporting the problem.

As a side note, I am currently completing a little 'show/hide' arrow button for the graph that will make it even easier to toggle the graph's visibility.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I am glad to report that I completed this change. PL now preserves the window/pane sizes when you toggle the visibility of the graph. I  also completed the new button that allows for easy graph toggle. This will all be in the next beta version, v3.79.8. I intend to release it as soon as possible, but I must first do some code review and testing. I will upload it some time tomorrow.

Jeremy Collake

I snuck out a silent update to v3.79.7 just now, so you can re-download it and experiment with it. I will announce a proper v3.79.8 release later today, after I make a few more changes.

charlesn56

Quote from: charlesn56 on December 14, 2009, 12:15:21 PM
With the new beta version 3.79.7. When the program starts the previous lower window size does not stay as the user resized it. Also when you toggle Ctnl-G, the window size changes to the default possition. I love to be able to toggle the graph the way it is now. Is there anyway to correct this and have both ?

New version 3.79.9. After shuting down PL or the computer and restarting. The lower window still does not stay as the user resized it in versions prior to 3.79.7. Still a great program that I can't do without. Thanks for all your good work.  ;)

Jeremy Collake

Hmm, that's strange. I expected the position reset in the upgrade from the older beta, because the number of child windows changed. However, after that, preservation of the lower pane's position when closing/restarting Process Lasso should be working. It is in my test beds, so there must be something I'm missing. I'll check into it again tomorrow. Thanks for the continued feedback.

Jeremy Collake

Oh, and please do let me know if it was just the one time reset due to the upgrade.. so I don't go snipe hunting ;).

charlesn56

Quote from: jeremy.collake on December 15, 2009, 06:09:45 PM
Oh, and please do let me know if it was just the one time reset due to the upgrade.. so I don't go snipe hunting ;).

PL shut down/restart process causes the lower window to default to the center of the screen position even after the one time reset of installing the new beata version. Thanks for the looking in the problem.

Jeremy Collake

The Holidays caused some delay here (darn it), but I am still investigating this report. The behavior you see isn't what I'm seeing, so I'm trying to figure out the discrepancy. I'm sure I'll get it solved before final release, and thanks again for reporting the problem and keeping me updated.

charlesn56

Quote from: jeremy.collake on December 30, 2009, 03:06:10 PM
The Holidays caused some delay here (darn it), but I am still investigating this report. The behavior you see isn't what I'm seeing, so I'm trying to figure out the discrepancy. I'm sure I'll get it solved before final release, and thanks again for reporting the problem and keeping me updated.

I had to replace my running system with a disk image I created in the past and the problem I was having with PL, I think now was on my end. It could have been a conflict with another program. I did do a uninstall and reinstalled the 3.79 beta and it still was there. This time when I installed 3.79.12 beta on the restored image there is no problem. Sorry to have caused you any additional work on my part. If it does show up again I will let you know. Thanks for all you do. !!!! Happy New Year !!!!  :D

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: charlesn56 on January 01, 2010, 05:13:01 PM
I had to replace my running system with a disk image I created in the past and the problem I was having with PL, I think now was on my end. It could have been a conflict with another program. I did do a uninstall and reinstalled the 3.79 beta and it still was there. This time when I installed 3.79.12 beta on the restored image there is no problem. Sorry to have caused you any additional work on my part. If it does show up again I will let you know. Thanks for all you do. !!!! Happy New Year !!!!  :D

Happy New Year too you too my friend!

Thanks for the update on this issue. It is strange that it behaved differently after the OS restore. I will think about how this might happen. If it does come back, please do let me know - as I want to be sure that behaves correctly in v3.80. The new graph hiding is an important feature I'm sure many users will appreciate.

charlesn56

With the new version 3.80.2. When the program starts the previous lower window size does not stay as the user resized it. This was a problem with a earlier version and was fixed. Hope you can correct it again. Thanks for a great program.  :)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, I am working to correct it in v3.80.3. I had to issue a quick temporary fix which I knew would break the pane position persistance (remembrance). Its described in more detail here: http://processlasso.blogspot.com

The new version is coming real soon...

charlesn56

Quote from: jeremy.collake on January 28, 2010, 12:08:28 PM
Yes, I am working to correct it in v3.80.3. I had to issue a quick temporary fix which I knew would break the pane position persistance (remembrance). Its described in more detail here: http://processlasso.blogspot.com

The new version is coming real soon...

Thank You !!!!! I went to the blog and I will use it to keep up-to-date also w/this forum.

Jeremy Collake

Version 3.80.3 was released, and fixes this problem. A silent post-release update was later issued to allow for really small action pane sizes, which were limited to a minimum of 70 pixels tall in the original build (else they'd get reset). For 99% of users, the first upload of v3.80.3 was fine, for the other 1% the silent update should ensure your pane positions are remembered.

Jeremy Collake

.. And v3.80.4 FINALLY fixes this problem completely.. Sadly, v3.80.3 was a debacle, with continuing GUI corruption issues under some circumstances. I should not have forced myself to code while sick. Regardless of my excuses, a fix is now available.