Can you see a problem here?

Started by Coldblackice, May 13, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldblackice

I noticed my Cyberfox browser is getting throttled a lot, so I opened it up in Process Explorer to take a look at its threads (and stack). Here's what I see:

Does anything stand out as alarming? How can I track down what's causing the hang/freezes (which happen even when it's focused and not being PB'ed)

BenYeeHua

QuoteDoes anything stand out as alarming? How can I track down what's causing the hang/freezes (which happen even when it's focused and not being PB'ed)
Yup, single process issues.
Even they has supported multi-processes which is E10s, the website that you are browsing still might lagging, just the scrolling are not. ::)

I would said that some UI animation, JS running or anything else can causing Firefox to feel lag.
---
Anyways, back to topic, as this topic is not about lag. ;)

I think it can be caused by the third-part dev that don't know how to use the Firefox code?
Just like many other Android browser that is using Chromium, it is normally very laggy and hot(yup, CPU hot) compare to original Chrome.

You may try Firefox first, if it is also having the same issues, then it can be addons. :)

Jeremy Collake

First, let's establish to readers that you clearly expressed this happens when ProBalance is *not* taking any action on the process.

Now, you need to determine the blocker/bottleneck.

The Resource Monitor is a good place to start. Check for an excessive number of hard page faults, which would indicate that too much swapping is occurring, meaning you have a RAM constraint.

Similarly, the CPU tab of the Resource Monitor will show you if there is a CPU bottleneck (any single core maxed out for anything more than a second).

I'm going to assume that cyberfox is written to handle stalled/slow network I/O fine, so let's rule that out.

If you don't see a blocker, then it could be blocking software on your PC, the most notorious being security software, which must scan things before it allows access to them.

Hope this helps.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.