Energy saver

Started by DeadHead, May 20, 2015, 09:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadHead

Hi! A few questions about energy saver:

1. Would it be possible to park even more cores than default while in energy saving mode? On my processor, 4 cores gets parked (out of 8 HT cores). So, possible to park say 6 cores?

2. Would it be possible to lower cpu voltage while going to enery saving mode? My old 920 needs a bit more juice when running overclocked like I do. In enery saving mode, core frequency goes down, and so shouldn't need the higher voltage then. Or is this only a bios setting?
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

Jeremy Collake

Both are possible, but #2 is not realistic since it requires a kernel mode driver and would add excessive complexity.

#1 simply requires adjustment to your core parking settings. Whether your BIOS/UEFI, Windows, or CPU ever allow more cores to be parked than 50%, I don't know, but you can tell it to allow more cores to be parked.

See our page about ParkControl
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote#1 simply requires adjustment to your core parking settings. Whether your BIOS/UEFI, Windows, or CPU ever allow more cores to be parked than 50%, I don't know, but you can tell it to allow more cores to be parked.
Not sure about this, but I remember I did park more than 50% core.
Because the user's laptop that I am tweaking is 4 core 8 threads, and it is Windows 7, because of the hot apple, so I just parked the Core and left 1 core running.(As windows 7 will only park the HT thread)
---
QuoteSpecify whether the core parking engine should distribute utility across processors.
Maybe this one? Try this one first.
You can found it just at the same registry folder as Core-Parking, which is under the CPU folder. :)