Process Lasso and JPlay 6.x

Started by dtb300, October 09, 2015, 11:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtb300

In case others may not know this.  In JPlay they have a registry setting for "Dedicated Core" and the default setting is equal to one (1).   This setting has JPlay change CPU Affinities to give it a dedicated core.   If you are using CPU Affinity settings with Process Lasso, JPlay will change them unless you have Forced Mode enabled.   With Forced Mode there will be core changes made by JPlay then PL takes over and changes them back.

If you do not want this "thrashing" or changing of Cores, just set JPlay Dedicated Core equal to Zero (0).

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yes, this is a very important tip, and one we should add to the Audiophile Guide. It's important that users be aware of how these applications, and their CPU affinity settings, inter-operate.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

dtb300

Good idea for the guide. 

I always knew about the JPlay setting, but until PL I never saw what occurred to other processes.

Jeremy Collake

Jeremy Collake

FWIW, I do not recommend using Process Lasso in conjunction with any virtual memory 'optimization' products, but it should work together with it fine. I designed Process Lasso to be safe and try to play well with others (even if others aren't as nice!). Thanks for being a user!