Ability to run new programs within Process Lasso....

Started by 4EverMaAT, October 12, 2015, 04:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4EverMaAT

I've pretty much decided to use process lasso vs process explorer to monitor programs.  One important feature was the 'run' command (as administrator or regular user).  How can I do this within Process Lasso?

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yet .... I'll see if I can add it asap, it's not the first time it's crossed my mind, or the mind of other users.

Still, nothing beats WIN+R keyboard shortcut ;).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on October 13, 2015, 11:39:56 AM
Yet .... I'll see if I can add it asap, it's not the first time it's crossed my mind, or the mind of other users.

But, I use Win key+type the software name. ::)

Jeremy Collake

Yea, most people do.

I've actually discussed this a bit with Ed and believe there is room to add a specialized, high-feature 'Run' option to Process Lasso. I will do so as soon as i can.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Yup, it is still useful for running software with command line, maybe something like memories the command line? ;)

4EverMaAT

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on October 13, 2015, 11:39:56 AM

Quote from: BenYeeHua on October 13, 2015, 02:04:02 PM
But, I use Win key+type the software name. ::)

But you still have to right-click on the process and click 'run as administrator' sometimes.  So perhaps in your version of the dialog box, you can have 'run' and 'run as administrator' boxes, with an option to have default 'run as administrator' pre-selected.

edkiefer

Yes, idea is to have a flexible command options so you can do that.
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Means a better Run software than Windows itself, but not too much, or it will be hard to maintain. :)