Autorun settings get lost

Started by zoom, March 16, 2010, 09:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoom

Hi All,

i've installed Process Lasso v3.82.2 on two computers, and on both all autorun settings in the registry (HKLM and HKCU) get lost.

During installation i have done these changes to the defaults:
- selected "reset options" in "Choose components"
- changed "Management Console Startup" to "Do not start at login"
- changed "Right of each ..." to "Highest Rights" and the UAC option (Only on Vista, see below)

The two systems run one XP SP3 and Vista SP2 with all current patches. There is the G-Data Antivirus 2010 on both machines, no personal firewall and no other "system protection".

Anybody else have had this really bad experience?

cheers

zoom

Jeremy Collake

I can't imagine how that would occur, but would love to get to the bottom of it. In no part of the code does Process Lasso ever delete any registry keys or values not directly pertaining to itself. There is simply no area of the code that would do that.

It is just hard for me to fathom how registry values are getting deleted. Its hard to do that 'by accident'. I strongly suspect some interference from third-party software, but you sound skeptical of that.

If you get a chance, could you please try this experiment again without G-Data Anti Virus installed? I believe its likely the problem is related to it, with Process Lasso's install somehow the catalyst.

Certainly, if there are any other users who have ever seen such a thing, I encourage them to report it here.

I tested your installation method and saw no problem, just to be sure. I did notice that the configuration dialogs get shown twice if you check the 'Reset options' section of the installer, so am addressing that quirk.

Thanks for taking the time to report this experience, and I am truly sorry it happened to you.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.