System Tray Icon Color

Started by Jsalpha2, January 03, 2016, 10:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsalpha2

Former user of the free version, just got the pro version.  System tray icon is red.  I remember it being green.  Does red indicate a problem?
Don't see anything in the help, FAQ or Google about this.  Just using the default settings.  Thanks

edkiefer

The square red tray icon means a restraint is on , you should see yellow bar in graph to when it happens or should say in action log at bottom.
If it is constant red (which is probably not normal on current systems), maybe try and close PL and reopen.

I have never run into this, but i guess worth a try.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jsalpha2

After a couple of hours and a reboot or two the icon turned back to the normal green. Occasionally there is a yellow(ish) bar at the bottom of the green square.  Maybe it was just red for an initial setup period.

Forgot to add:  Windows 7 64bit on an older socket 775 mobo with a Quad core processor.  Without Process Lasso after a reboot it would take a minute or so for the desktop to become usable.  Probably due to too much stuff loading at once.  Dropbox - Malwarebytes - and Anti-Virus being the main items.  Now much quicker.  Thanks

edkiefer

Ok, good.
The icon changes state depending on settings and whats going on, normally by default you get the CPU % resource meter.
You can change it in view>system tray icon >3 options there.

Sounds like it working right now.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Hotrod

I've noted on my own system(s) that the tray icon will stay colored for restraint as long as the action (yellow bands in the PL graph) is still in the graph window. As soon as all restraints have exited the window the icon turns green again. This is probably fooling you into thinking a restraint is currently active when in fact it has already ended but hasn't scrolled out of the graph yet.

edkiefer

That is interesting , my icon is only yellow-red for as long as the yellow bar shows on graph.
Most times it's a matter of seconds.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Hotrod

Yes that is precisely what I was describing. :), but you must have your graph set for the shortest update timing so yours exits the graph quicker.

BenYeeHua

Which waste CPU for doing that. ;D

I used to be using highest update speed for Task Manager and PL, until I found that I can't read anything as they are updating too fast for me. ;)

edkiefer

Yeh, I run PL GUI at 2sec refresh.
Bitsum QA Engineer