Settings for games(increase fps , boost ..)

Started by vladfcrb, February 13, 2016, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vladfcrb

How to set process lasso for best performance in games and parkcontrol too . I play LoL and CS:GO .

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 13, 2016, 12:26:27 PM
How to set process lasso for best performance in games and parkcontrol too . I play LoL and CS:GO .
That is really easy to do , All you need to do is set your game to be in game mode , you can either right click on it while its running and add it to game mode or go to options and add the game exe to game mode list.
Make sure power plan is also set to bitsum HP power plan when game mode is on and it will automatic turn CPU core parking off.
You can also go into game mode manually by right clicking on tray options too.

You can also manual adjust core parking through options>tools> Core parking app.

One other option in options>Probalance setting> advanced options , set enabled "Disable CPU core parking during Probalance restraints" if you want.

That should get you going , the rest is all done dynamically by Probalance.

BTW: Just for reference PL won't make your system faster but should give you smoother running with better response .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Again Ed gives a great response, so not much left for me to say.

To add to his response, Gaming Mode (Bitsum Highest Performance power plan) also disables CPU frequency scaling, in addition to core parking. While ProBalance will only increase responsiveness, this customized power plan has the potential to boost actual performance *if* you are in a bursting CPU bound (CPU heavy) game or application and would have otherwise been in a more restrained power plan. I still prefer not to make this general claim, but my default answer has changed a bit in this regard after the release of Gaming Mode 2.0 last year.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

vladfcrb

cpu cork parking : i disabled all ? and set to 100% ? or i leave it how it is:D

and game mode on and pro balance on both checked  or only game mode ? bad english sorry

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 14, 2016, 07:45:28 AM
cpu cork parking : i disabled all ? and set to 100% ? or i leave it how it is:D

and game mode on and pro balance on both checked  or only game mode ? bad english sorry
1) Always have Probalance on, there is never reason to turn off.
2)Set your game so its listed under game mode or enable game mode when playing game, this will automatically use Bitsum HP power profile plan which has core parking disabled, so you don't even need to mess with core parking app itself.

One last thing, if your game is a steam game it should auto detect it but that is easy to check (game mode will be enabled when game is running).
Bitsum QA Engineer

vladfcrb

Let's recap : probalance enabled and gaming mode enabled ALWAYS ,i set the games in game mode list and i set power profiles application (lol.exe-bitsum HP and csgo.exe-bitsum HP) ,power profile Bitsum HP ALWAYS , and i do this : "One other option in options>Probalance setting> advanced options , set enabled "Disable CPU core parking during Probalance restraints" if you want. "
If you have something to tell me or that's all .It's nice up here?If I'm wrong correct me .
And look my Cpu core parking :http://postimg.org/image/rusajnhu7/ .you need to change something or it's good ? and need to set cpu power profile to Bitsum HP ?

Sry for my bad english .
And thank you for helping me !!! :) ;) :D

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 14, 2016, 10:53:35 AM
Let's recap : probalance enabled and gaming mode enabled ALWAYS ,i set the games in game mode list and i set power profiles application (lol.exe-bitsum HP and csgo.exe-bitsum HP) ,power profile Bitsum HP ALWAYS , and i do this : "One other option in options>Probalance setting> advanced options , set enabled "Disable CPU core parking during Probalance restraints" if you want. "
If you have something to tell me or that's all .It's nice up here?If I'm wrong correct me .
That is right but just to be clear on power profile plan during gaming if you look at options of game mode it sets bitsum HP power plan on by default.
So you don't need to set the game.exe in "Configure application power profiles" , that would be used for non game processes.
And look my Cpu core parking :http://postimg.org/image/rusajnhu7/ .you need to change something or it's good ? and need to set cpu power profile to Bitsum HP ?

Sry for my bad english .
And thank you for helping me !!! :) ;) :D
That power plan is ok if you mean for your default power plan, not gaming as you want bitsum HP power so parking is disabled.
Look at core parking field "parking core AC and Parking core DC , these would need to be disabled (100%) values.

Remember that is all done automatically for your game, if you set it to game mode.
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Just some tips that might be off-topic, if you are using Windows 7, it is better that you enabled Aero, or DWM for more accurate term.
It prevent some software that like to draw over the screen taking down the frame/performance of other software. ;)

If you are Windows 10, then nothing to do, as it is optimized as default, unless you are facing crashing issues on the graphic driver. :P

vladfcrb

1)how i enabled aero ? and what is DWM and how i active? i have windows 7 and i have some errors blue screen driver graphic but idk why:(
2) i have one problem : when i entry in game power plan not set automatically Bitsum HP why? i do this manual ...

sry for my bad english

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 16, 2016, 01:26:20 PM
1)how i enabled aero ? and what is DWM and how i active? i have windows 7 and i have some errors blue screen driver graphic but idk why:(
2) i have one problem : when i entry in game power plan not set automatically Bitsum HP why? i do this manual ...

sry for my bad english
In Win7 , right click on desktop and chose "personalize" , then just pic a theme from top row (win7) , not basic/classic ones.

Ok, on game mode you add your game.exe and hit "add" as in this picture.
You also make sure bitsum HP power plan is enabled like in second pic.
Bitsum QA Engineer

vladfcrb

i have this settings man.. and i try again and dont work.. my default is high performance and when i entry in game diddnt change in Bitsum HP.. i do this manually but is ok..

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 17, 2016, 12:15:14 PM
i have this settings man.. and i try again and dont work.. my default is high performance and when i entry in game diddnt change in Bitsum HP.. i do this manually but is ok..
Did you add your game exe to game mode list as in first pic ?
When the game is started you should see 2 things happen.
1) PL should show it entering game mode (you can see this in graph or right click in tray icon).
2) the power plan should change and again you can see it in graph and in system tray PL icon.

But, yes just enabling it manually will work too.

Just for ref, are you using the free version or Pro ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 18, 2016, 07:21:28 AM
Free version
Ok, That maybe it, AFAIK the free version gives full feature support of pro for only limited time , so if you had PL free for month or so I am pretty sure the automatic game mode does drop out .
That is one of Pro features but free version give it to you so you can see how it works for X time .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Although it's true there are limitations to auto Gaming Mode, processes you've already classified as games should still invoke Gaming Mode (checking the code to be sure, but I am generally very lenient).

EDIT: If it were a licensing issue, you'd see a popup when you tried to edit the Game list.

I think something else is going on here. Can you show us the log entries after you start a game? This may shed light on what is happening.

Jeremy Collake

I don't see Gaming Mode being induced in that log.  Side note - BTW, do not that you should use 'Bitsum Highest Performance' power plan over the system default 'High Performance' for application power profiles, unless you've tweaked your High Performance power plan to be similar.

I also don't see the process you launched 'league of legends.exe' in your gamng list. Did your right-click on this process and select 'Classify as a game?'  (to be sure it's properly configured)

Can you confirm the above (that LoL is in your gaming list, the full path), then report back?

I am also seeing the difference in case after the patcher re-launches the game, but that should not matter.

Worst case scenario, if you set the application power plan to 'Bitsum Highest Performance', you would pretty much get all the benefits of Gaming Mode through that alternate route.

WillG027

Personally I set the Games exe to/use:

* Power profile to switch at game launch
      Application power profile to 'High Performance' (Which is set at %100 CPU all the time)
* Classify as Game
* IO priority High
* Priority Class to 'Above Normal'
* CPU Affinity - All cores selected.

This has given me smooth performance in all games I have played.

vladfcrb

it selected clasify as a game :D

and : http://postimg.org/image/q50jvgifl/ , and i change power profile high performance

edkiefer

Quote from: vladfcrb on February 23, 2016, 11:01:09 AM
it selected clasify as a game :D

and : http://postimg.org/image/q50jvgifl/ , and i change power profile high performance
The bitsum HP power profile is better plan as it unlocks any parked cores if enabled.
Bitsum QA Engineer

edkiefer

Quote from: WillG027 on February 22, 2016, 09:10:43 PM
Personally I set the Games exe to/use:

* Power profile to switch at game launch
      Application power profile to 'High Performance' (Which is set at %100 CPU all the time)
* Classify as Game
* IO priority High
* Priority Class to 'Above Normal'
* CPU Affinity - All cores selected.

This has given me smooth performance in all games I have played.
That is interesting results , I have never seen any difference with game processes by raising priority or I/O.
It is ok, to do it (though as i mention , shouldn't really need to) but make sure you don't end up setting more processes to above to high cause you will get to a point they will conflict and not give you best experience.

Curious , have you done detailed testing on priority set higher with better results ?
I be interested in which games you found , I will assume there MP/online  type.
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, so far only Defrag and Game Launcher(that patching the game) benefit from setting the I/O to Idle, it will be interesting to find out did High has good effect or not. :)

WillG027

Quote from: edkiefer on February 23, 2016, 11:32:56 AM
That is interesting results , I have never seen any difference with game processes by raising priority or I/O< . . . . . >Curious , have you done detailed testing on priority set higher with better results ?
I be interested in which games you found , I will assume there MP/online  type.
Perhaps one modification will not yield much change - But I set my whole system to three tier catagories.
That being Critical>Normal>Below/Inconsequential.

I set non-essential processes to below normal and low priority. I never set anything lower than that, as it seems to have a negative effect. (Either extreme, Highest/Lowest, seems to have a negative effect, as processes either hog CPU cycles - or are starved of them; slowing the system as a whole)

I also try to push as many of these non essential programs off of the first two cores (4-core 3570k).

Most OS and important processes remain at default/normal settings.
A handful of critical processes get 'Above Normal' priority. No more than a few.

I don't have any hard statistics or FPS data to back this up, but my sensory perception of the game is that it is smoother.

There is a lot of debate at the moment about a tool program for Nvidia drivers called ' NF Tools by Nabil Fathi'.
Most users trash it and say it does nothing.
As a person who has VERY sensitive hearing, touch etc. - I am susceptible to flicker and changes in frame rates etc. - - I can 100% say that games are smoother with the tool installed.
Most people trash the program, and the author, which is a shame I think; because, IMO, it's not that the tool isn't doing anything, it's that the majority of people, perhaps, don't have the sensitivity to detect the change. . .

edkiefer

Quote from: WillG027 on February 25, 2016, 03:30:37 AM
Perhaps one modification will not yield much change - But I set my whole system to three tier catagories.
That being Critical>Normal>Below/Inconsequential.

I set non-essential processes to below normal and low priority. I never set anything lower than that, as it seems to have a negative effect. (Either extreme, Highest/Lowest, seems to have a negative effect, as processes either hog CPU cycles - or are starved of them; slowing the system as a whole)

I also try to push as many of these non essential programs off of the first two cores (4-core 3570k).

Most OS and important processes remain at default/normal settings.
A handful of critical processes get 'Above Normal' priority. No more than a few.

I don't have any hard statistics or FPS data to back this up, but my sensory perception of the game is that it is smoother.

There is a lot of debate at the moment about a tool program for Nvidia drivers called ' NF Tools by Nabil Fathi'.
Most users trash it and say it does nothing.
As a person who has VERY sensitive hearing, touch etc. - I am susceptible to flicker and changes in frame rates etc. - - I can 100% say that games are smoother with the tool installed.
Most people trash the program, and the author, which is a shame I think; because, IMO, it's not that the tool isn't doing anything, it's that the majority of people, perhaps, don't have the sensitivity to detect the change. . .
Ok, your a real power user with micro managing priorities :)
That may work as long as your careful with high, above normal process counts.

Yes, I was following the NF tools , I don't have any input , but am monitoring progress (he is basically setting flags for the driver).
Bitsum QA Engineer

WillG027

Quote from: edkiefer on February 25, 2016, 07:41:57 AM
Ok, your a real power user with micro managing priorities :)
That may work as long as your careful with high, above normal process counts

Yes, I was following the NF tools , I don't have any input , but am monitoring progress (he is basically setting flags for the driver) .
But of course, real Power user - setting priorities with a program coded by someone else!  ;D

It was mentioned (somewhere) that the NFTools may introduce an extra buffer for the Video Card output.
Either way, it seems to work for me at least.

BenYeeHua

Well, it did change the debug registry for driver, so it did doing something, just you can't confirm what it is doing, unless you are Nvidia's dev. :P

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5223539#post5223539

QuoteIt was mentioned (somewhere) that the NFTools may introduce an extra buffer for the Video Card output.
Yup, it is possible long time ago, just no one maintain it (D3DOverrider).
As I know so far the tomb raider's games or using SLI will force enable it, so it may possible to enable it via debug. :)

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on March 02, 2016, 02:34:37 PM
Well, it did change the debug registry for driver, so it did doing something, just you can't confirm what it is doing, unless you are Nvidia's dev. :P

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5223539#post5223539
Yup, it is possible long time ago, just no one maintain it (D3DOverrider).
As I know so far the tomb raider's games or using SLI will force enable it, so it may possible to enable it via debug. :)
Right, that is the problem with it, its a bunch of reg values added to driver with very little info on how it interacts (I think not even author really knows).
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

All they do is just guessing based on the name, unless it is open source.

Anyways, a long time ago(nah, 1 year ago), when Windows 10 in preview, Nvidia has released their driver with their own tools used to set the Flags for each exe.
It is not working on newest driver anymore(unless someone do some crack on it), but as far as I remember(before it's stop working, I checked it last time before first gen Maxwell released, with Maxwell flags), there is no flags that is useful for performance, it is only used for fixing buggy games and also debug the rendering. :)

It is something like forcing compression of texture, forcing using the system RAM, letting DWM handle the switching, disabling L1 cache, prevent WAR(write after read) etc.

And of cause this might be a difference debug flags than this software, as this official leaked Nvidia tools is based on their own NVAPI.dll api. ;)