Automatic Force Reboot when PC freeze

Started by applesnacks, April 07, 2016, 06:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

applesnacks

Have come across this problem of PC freeze and think there should be an option to automatically reboot PC when the PC is unresponsive at all. Often people just hard boot and it might end up with them losing their data.

edkiefer

Quote from: applesnacks on April 07, 2016, 06:08:55 PM
Have come across this problem of PC freeze and think there should be an option to automatically reboot PC when the PC is unresponsive at all. Often people just hard boot and it might end up with them losing their data.
That's a interesting request, but AFAIK, if system freezes/locks for you it will probably lock for OS to.
At that point there not much that can be done, other than hope for dump, error logs to find what happened.

Then again it depends on what froze, say if vid locked up, OS might still be available.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

I'll give this some consideration. Probably most 'freezes' can be resolved by restarting explorer, though this should happen automatically by Windows, so I'm not sure if more can be done. It's a good idea though, so I will check for any opportunities to auto-restart during quantifiable error states and create such a feature if possible.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Well, if you means freeze and only your mouse can/can't moving, but no I/O operation(read/write) can happen, and your software is getting frozen one by one, then it is at least 2 anti-virus/malware are conflicting each other. ;)