Process Lasso 8.9.8.52 updates

Started by chris635, October 30, 2016, 11:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris635

Hey guys,

I have Process Lasso scheduled to check for updates every day. This recent update installs over and over again. When it checks everyday it keeps installing 8.9.8.52. Can you guys confirm this on your machines before I uninstall and reinstall here? Manual update checks do the same thing.

Chris
Chris

edkiefer

What I am seeing is beta version .53 being served even with beta unchecked but it updates to .52.
yeh, if you enabled beta you do get .53
Bitsum QA Engineer

chris635

I just updated .53 (beta) and now it's not constantly updating to .52 every day....that's good. I did a manual check again after beta and Process lasso is up to date...good. I don't know why .52 wanted to update to the same version everyday. Oh well, it seems sorted now.
Chris

Jeremy Collake

I am so sorry.

I have now fixed this.

The error where release builds (.52) were being notified of beta (.53) regardless of beta flag. We should have been checking closer. That is on me.

I am working on this now. We have 3 Process Lasso update channels (final, beta, alpha) and I will make sure they are sorted out before any more updates are issued.

Thank you for reporting this. I suppose it has existed for a couple days and nobody caught it internally because we are on v9 alpha and such :o.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

It couldn't of been to long cause I update my VM almost every day, I do it manually.
Yeh I was on beta and alpha on my 2 systems.
I didn't know about .53 to check, but again need to check release version too.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

I have fixed it all up now. I had edited the script, but don't remember when - a day or two ago, so that is when it started.

Anyway, please check again. All should work as expected now, I would hope.

edkiefer

It working now, updated to 52 w/o beta flag and stays update after checking, no looping install.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

chris635

No worries,

All is well on my end. Thanks for fixing it. I was getting ready to see what was wrong on my end...LOL!
Thanks again.

Chris
Chris

Jeremy Collake

Any time you see a problem, don't hesitate to let us know, as things do happen. That said, as in this case, the unintended update to beta for some users won't have any real impact and will be resolved shortly.